Who likes Mitt Romney here? - Page 135
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

View Poll Results: Who likes Mitt Romney here?
I like him 91 47.64%
I like the other guy 80 41.88%
Other (explain) 20 10.47%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012   #1341
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,991
CamelKarma: 194894643
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletakes View Post
How about "Wwaaahhh"
Another well thought out reply from you to which I have a very simple response:

GROW UP !!!
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1342
F1 Camel
 
Medowlark's Avatar
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 3,673
CamelKarma: 1361723
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmthompson View Post
Does it really matter to you if it was a terror attack or just a mob of people who do not like the US and their policies? What real difference does it make what the Libyan government calls it? I'm not sure what your need to know is. You seem to be real upset over a minor issue that has happened many times in the past (and will happen again in the future) and which the President or State Department has no control over. I'm afrad the US can do nothing more that complain to the host country, for all the good it will do. Since tshe Libyan government would not allow additional security forces into the country what would YOU have done that the State Department hasn't already done?

Dwight

Damned right it matters…. It goes straight to the heart of the issue… Obama’s failed policy in the middle east. He puts an embassy in the middle of what is effectively a war zone and denies repeated requests for more security because he wants to project a friendly image to those who hate us, thinking all the while that if we play nice they will be nice. What a joke. You call this a minor issue… The murder of an Ambassador – the representative of the president in that hell hole-- and his three security personnel. In legal terms this was an attack on the US, no different than that of 9/11 exactly eleven years ago. You should be totally outraged at this incompetence, but no, you choose to believe the lies coming from the highest levels of this government. Are you stupid or just gullible?
__________________
Everyone except my mother calls me Al

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1343
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 54,991
CamelKarma: 194894643
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
Damned right it matters…. It goes straight to the heart of the issue… Obama’s failed policy in the middle east. He puts an embassy in the middle of what is effectively a war zone and denies repeated requests for more security because he wants to project a friendly image to those who hate us, thinking all the while that if we play nice they will be nice. What a joke. You call this a minor issue… The murder of an Ambassador – the representative of the president in that hell hole-- and his three security personnel. In legal terms this was an attack on the US, no different than that of 9/11 exactly eleven years ago. You should be totally outraged at this incompetence, but no, you choose to believe the lies coming from the highest levels of this government. Are you stupid or just gullible?
There is no US Embassy in Benghazi, Libya. The embassy is in Tripoli. What was attacked was the US Mission in Benghazi. A mission is a temporary diplomatic office and is not usually afforded the same level of security. It is a bit too early to conclude what happened there while an investigation into all the facts is going on.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1344
Alpaca
 
Location: Texas .... the state with options to succeed
Posts: 48
CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
It is a bit too early to conclude what happened there while an investigation into all the facts is going on.
Same could be said of both presidential candidates and their intentions. Our political system has become a joke. Why are you people even waisting your time going back & forth?
Bombsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1345
Llama
 
Location: Maui
Posts: 776
CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
He puts an embassy in the middle of what is effectively a war zone ...
It wasn't an Embassy and he didn't put it there. Would you also say that Reagan put an Embassy in Beirut? Get real.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
... You should be totally outraged at this incompetence, but no, you choose to believe the lies coming from the highest levels of this government. Are you stupid or just gullible?
Let me try some context and perspective here. Hopefully it will work better than with Dennis.

I wonder if you screamed about Bush and Condoleezza Rice missing the intelligence documents that warned us about the original 9/11? This was a mistake of considerably more consequence than even the worst possible scenario that may come from this Libyan incident. Guess what, I never blamed them personally for that and I was a strong anti-bush person then.

It would be much easier to make a case that their policy failure was why we didn't stop the original 9/11 than the case here, yet the American people all got together as one nation to condemn the perpetrators instead of the administration. It would be nice if we could do that now but I'm afraid the irrational Obama haters can't seem to see the big picture.

I would guess that every attack on Americans could be investigated - and probably have been - to find some mistakes made in security. Turning it into a political football is the only difference here. The hatred for this president is clouding the big picture and it is very dangerous to our country.

As an aside. I watched the entire partisan witch hunt by Asa on C-Span and even the witnesses that were complaining about the number of security personnel admitted that had they got what they asked for, it probably wouldn't have changed the final outcome. When we have any diplomatic staff in a war torn country, it's a dangerous situation. 4 more security people would have done little to prevent this number of attackers with RPGs.

I guess the Mother of the one guy that was killed there understood this better than all of these armchair quarterbacks trying to make this into an election issue. She is not only a Obama supporter, but she asked Romney to quit pretending he knew her son and to quit using his death as a campaign tool.
__________________
Michael

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington


~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Reeflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1346
Llama
 
Location: Maui
Posts: 776
CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombsight View Post
Same could be said of both presidential candidates and their intentions. Our political system has become a joke. Why are you people even waisting your time going back & forth?
I'm curious as to why you would condemn this thread as a waste of time, yet you obviously took the time to read it. Further, you even took the time to create an identity for the sole purpose of letting us know what you thought.

To me, this thread is like a video game. I wish it didn't have all of the personal attacks, and I wish I wasn't drawn into them like I have been. That said, I think that a discussion of the issues that requires thinking and researching is a good thing. I know I have learned more here than if I was playing Grand Theft Auto. I don't play video games but I think there are some similarities. This game takes more thinking skills while others take more dexterity, but both are a little bit of excitement to pass the time.
__________________
Michael

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington


~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Reeflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1347
Vicuna
 
Posts: 157
CamelKarma: 215
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Reef- You have got to be one of the worst (and most brainwashed) debaters/posters I've ever read. You spew nonsense and platitudes like "Real patriots would come together and show the world that our politics is transcended by our unity." to make you appear as if you are above the rest.

Comparing Lybia's request for security to 9/11?

I would really continue, if I thought you had the ability to comprehend. Based on the incessant posting, it seems unlikely.

Cero & Wolf- You both are whacked out on goofballs, or perhaps just terrible at explaining yourselves.

Sad.

Your choices in this election pretty much amount to:

"I expect to work hard for success, but I might fail. I will try again"

Or

"I expect success to be handed to me, with no risk of failure. the gov't will pick up my mess when I fail and save me"


America was only founded on one of those two principles. I'll give you a hint- It wasn't the latter. It was the former. Only one of the two candidates now believes in the same principles that grew America.

Nobody came to this earth with health care. (and to the clown who said everyone needs health care, but not everyone needs lawyers is 100% wrong..how blinded you are to reality)

Nobody came to this earth with money.

Stop taking money from the successful and expecting the unsuccessful to get better. Time to realize that there are failures in life. Time to realize that private charity can take care of the ills of society (the gov't is INCAPABLE.) Time to realize that Obama/Biden is a disgusting platitude of hope, which really translates to gov't charity. Screw that. Class warfare is bullshit. There are classes of people. Like it or not. John Lennon was wrong.
SaltyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1348
Llama
 
Location: Maui
Posts: 776
CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyTX View Post
Reef- You have got to be one of the worst (and most brainwashed) debaters/posters I've ever read. You spew nonsense and platitudes like "Real patriots would come together and show the world that our politics is transcended by our unity." to make you appear as if you are above the rest.
If that's what you see, I'm sorry. I never thought that, but between you and Dennis...


Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyTX View Post
Comparing Lybia's request for security to 9/11?

I would really continue, if I thought you had the ability to comprehend. Based on the incessant posting, it seems unlikely.
Brilliant answer. Kinda reminds me of Ryan saying he doesn't have time to explain how he can possibly pay for his budget. Yeah right.
__________________
Michael

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington


~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Reeflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1349
Llama
 
Location: Maui
Posts: 776
CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyTX View Post

Cero & Wolf- You both are whacked out on goofballs, or perhaps just terrible at explaining yourselves.

Sad.

Your choices in this election pretty much amount to:

"I expect to work hard for success, but I might fail. I will try again"

Or

"I expect success to be handed to me, with no risk of failure. the gov't will pick up my mess when I fail and save me"


America was only founded on one of those two principles. I'll give you a hint- It wasn't the latter. It was the former. Only one of the two candidates now believes in the same principles that grew America.

Nobody came to this earth with health care. (and to the clown who said everyone needs health care, but not everyone needs lawyers is 100% wrong..how blinded you are to reality)

Nobody came to this earth with money.

Stop taking money from the successful and expecting the unsuccessful to get better. Time to realize that there are failures in life. Time to realize that private charity can take care of the ills of society (the gov't is INCAPABLE.) Time to realize that Obama/Biden is a disgusting platitude of hope, which really translates to gov't charity. Screw that. Class warfare is bullshit. There are classes of people. Like it or not. John Lennon was wrong.
What self righteous platitudes you spew. ...and so original.
__________________
Michael

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington


~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Reeflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1350
F1 Camel
 
Medowlark's Avatar
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 3,673
CamelKarma: 1361723
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeflections View Post
It wasn't an Embassy and he didn't put it there. Would you also say that Reagan put an Embassy in Beirut? Get real.




Let me try some context and perspective here. Hopefully it will work better than with Dennis.

I wonder if you screamed about Bush and Condoleezza Rice missing the intelligence documents that warned us about the original 9/11? This was a mistake of considerably more consequence than even the worst possible scenario that may come from this Libyan incident. Guess what, I never blamed them personally for that and I was a strong anti-bush person then.

It would be much easier to make a case that their policy failure was why we didn't stop the original 9/11 than the case here, yet the American people all got together as one nation to condemn the perpetrators instead of the administration. It would be nice if we could do that now but I'm afraid the irrational Obama haters can't seem to see the big picture.

I would guess that every attack on Americans could be investigated - and probably have been - to find some mistakes made in security. Turning it into a political football is the only difference here. The hatred for this president is clouding the big picture and it is very dangerous to our country.

As an aside. I watched the entire partisan witch hunt by Asa on C-Span and even the witnesses that were complaining about the number of security personnel admitted that had they got what they asked for, it probably wouldn't have changed the final outcome. When we have any diplomatic staff in a war torn country, it's a dangerous situation. 4 more security people would have done little to prevent this number of attackers with RPGs.

I guess the Mother of the one guy that was killed there understood this better than all of these armchair quarterbacks trying to make this into an election issue. She is not only a Obama supporter, but she asked Romney to quit pretending he knew her son and to quit using his death as a campaign tool.
Michael, It will never be good enough to just point to some other failure and use that to justify the present case. What kind of standard is that? Bush failed at something and therefore it is ok if our Numb Nutz president does the same? Bullshit. We need a better standard - if they don't cut it they need to be canned. This case is very different from the original 9/11. Obama's policies are the reason for the failure and that is very different from not being able to read some obscure tea leaves.


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
Everyone except my mother calls me Al

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Think she likes it? angelsfort Portraits 6 12-04-2012 03:51 AM
If Mitt Romney becomes President of the USA,what changes should America and the Rest PhotoCamel Camel Groups 0 08-20-2012 08:30 PM
Obama or Romney? PhotoCamel Camel Groups 0 08-20-2012 12:20 PM
I Think She Likes Me !! Larry D Nature & Wildlife 12 07-30-2011 03:27 PM