Who likes Mitt Romney here? - Page 134
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

View Poll Results: Who likes Mitt Romney here?
I like him 91 47.64%
I like the other guy 80 41.88%
Other (explain) 20 10.47%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012   #1331
Llama

CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
"I think he was telling the truth when say they didn't know exactly what had happened."

Really, how come the Libyan government said just the opposite publicly the next day?

I guess they were wrong too...
So how did you feel about St. Reagan pulling the troops out of Beirut after the attack there?

John Lehman, the former Navy secretary, is quoted {Oct 2003} as saying: "There is no question" -- the Beirut bombing -- "it was a major cause of 9/11. We told the world that terrorism succeeds."

More important or less important than what rice said, then retracted?

My point is perspective.

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington

~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Reeflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1332
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 196
Editing OK?: Ask First

We're not voting on Reagon in a few weeks are we?

It's time to retire Obummer and Chuckles the Clown....
DennisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1333
Llama

Quote:
We're not voting on Reagon in a few weeks are we?

It's time to retire Obummer and Chuckles the Clown....
Guess I should have known better than to try to make a point about perspective with someone that can't even take criticism about their photography after asking for it. You really just don't have the mental capacity for it. Sorry, my bad.

Making up silly names is easier huh? How 'bout "Obama booger eater." or, "I know you are but what am I?" More your style? Yeah that's better huh? You can understand that huh?

Old 10-13-2012   #1334
Vicuna

"You can understand that huh?"

You think somehow you were born with some sort of superior intellect which is simply a lot of hooey, but you stare in the mirror and keep telling yourself how brilliant you are, it's ok.....
Old 10-13-2012   #1335
Llama

Quote:

You think somehow you were born with some sort of superior intellect .....
Only compared to you bud, only compared to you.

Old 10-14-2012   #1336
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 24299
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
"I think he was telling the truth when say they didn't know exactly what had happened."

Really, how come the Libyan government said just the opposite publicly the next day?

I guess they were wrong too...
Does it really matter to you if it was a terror attack or just a mob of people who do not like the US and their policies? What real difference does it make what the Libyan government calls it? I'm not sure what your need to know is. You seem to be real upset over a minor issue that has happened many times in the past (and will happen again in the future) and which the President or State Department has no control over. I'm afrad the US can do nothing more that complain to the host country, for all the good it will do. Since tshe Libyan government would not allow additional security forces into the country what would YOU have done that the State Department hasn't already done?

Dwight
dmthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1337
Vicuna

"Since tshe Libyan government would not allow additional security forces into the country what would YOU have done that the State Department hasn't already done?"

How about you start by putting conditions on the millions of American dollars you send to Libya, and the first of those being measures in place to assure the safety of all American personnel, something this administration certainly failed to do.

Your very attitude is exactly what our diplomat was describing to the congressional hearing several days ago when he talked about the Taliban within....
Old 10-14-2012   #1338
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 127808

Quote:
"Since tshe Libyan government would not allow additional security forces into the country what would YOU have done that the State Department hasn't already done?"

How about you start by putting conditions on the millions of American dollars you send to Libya, and the first of those being measures in place to assure the safety of all American personnel, something this administration certainly failed to do.

Your very attitude is exactly what our diplomat was describing to the congressional hearing several days ago when he talked about the Taliban within....
I can no longer remain silent. How on God's earth can this current administration be blamed for a self perceived lack of security? The securities in place where there long before this administration came into existence. Is it so annoying to you that Obama does not have a Crystal ball and is unable to foresee what the insane of this world are planning next? I somehow suspect that is the case based on several other rhetorical comments you have made. Perhaps Romney has that ball and understands the insane better than Obama. If that is true I can't help but recall that old saying...you have to be one to know one.
To be in line with the intent of this thread. I do not trust either candidate but Romney has me more concerned than Obama. I'll be voting for the majority of the population and not for the wealthy.
Dave R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #1339
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R. View Post
I can no longer remain silent. How on God's earth can this current administration be blamed for a self perceived lack of security? The securities in place where there long before this administration came into existence. Is it so annoying to you that Obama does not have a Crystal ball and is unable to foresee what the insane of this world are planning next? I somehow suspect that is the case based on several other rhetorical comments you have made. Perhaps Romney has that ball and understands the insane better than Obama. If that is true I can't help but recall that old saying...you have to be one to know one.
To be in line with the intent of this thread. I do not trust either candidate but Romney has me more concerned than Obama. I'll be voting for the majority of the population and not for the wealthy.
Go tell the families of our fallen that there was a "self perceived lack of security"

In case you haven't read a newspaper lately, Libya has changed over the last year and no competent foreign policy wonk needed a crystal ball to predict what was going to happen especially when the ambassador asked for increased security.

Given political crisises are happening all over the middle east including formerly stable allied countries, maybe Obumbles should have put his putter down a bit sooner.

BTW do you really think it was a smart move politically throwing the intelligence community (who knows where all the dirty laundry is buried) under the bus several weeks before an election?

You keep on voting for Obumbles and Chuckles the clown
Old 10-14-2012   #1340
Vicuna

Maybe this will shed a bit of light on the subject for you...

"The State Department security officials who testified before House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa's panel Wednesday never said they had made their requests to the president, Rhodes pointed out. That would be natural because the State Department is responsible for diplomatic security, not the White House, he said. Rhodes also pointed out that the officials were requesting more security in Tripoli, not Benghazi.

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST [Site Security Team] extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway."

Nordstrom was so critical of the State Department's reluctance to respond to his calls for more security that he said, "For me, the Taliban is on the inside of the building."

"We felt great frustration that those requests were ignored or just never met," testified Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, a Utah National Guardsman who was leading a security team in Libya until August."

So tell us all why Hillary didn't inform the White House??

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: