Who likes Mitt Romney here? - Page 131
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

View Poll Results: Who likes Mitt Romney here?
I like him 91 47.64%
I like the other guy 80 41.88%
Other (explain) 20 10.47%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012   #1301
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 93477
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

graflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1302
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 194894643

I watched the debate and at the risk of being accused of trying to manipulate the outcome of the US election I must say I can't blame Biden for laughing at the garbage coming out of Paul Ryan's mouth.
Old 10-13-2012   #1303
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 24299

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
Negative Dwight. I have a lot of money in the stock market and in ultra high risk investments because I'm young enough I can take the hit If they don't pan out. I don't want my dividends taxed like my federally taxed income. That's taxing my retirement you're talking about.
Well I'm sure we would all like to live in a tax free country but that just isn't going to happen and it does't matter what you are going to use the money for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
You obviously don't have a clue about what constitutes capital gains. When Joe sells his business, if he makes a profit on it, it will be taxed at capital gains rates..The day trader on wall street doesn't get capital gains rates on his profits- they are not considered investments unless they are held for the required length of time and any gains are taxed as ordinary income. . While joe is selling donuts or whatever, he is just working for a living like any other working stiff, and his profits are earnings, not capital gains. If joe uses earnings to expand the business that is an investment and any gains on it will be taxed at Capital gains rates. Think of it this way... the investment is what is needed to create the enterprise and any associated jobs. The day to day profits are no different than a salary being earned. So, in reality, the investor is treated exactly like joe from a tax perspective.
I realize how the capital gains tax works. I'm glad the day trader is taxed at ordinary income rates and so should the investor, including Joe's profit on his investment. It should not matter how the profit is produced when it comes time to pay the tax on it. So far I have not heard any good reason for the difference in the way profit is taxed. I'm quite sure Mr Romeny or Mr Ryan would not quit investing and take jobs in Joe's donut shop if the tax on capital gains were the same as ordinary income.

Dwight
dmthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1304
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 45527
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
I watched the debate and at the risk of being accused of trying to manipulate the outcome of the US election I must say I can't blame Biden for laughing at the garbage coming out of Paul Ryan's mouth.

Who has two thumbs and can't tell when laughter is being faked... This guy

Old 10-13-2012   #1305
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 24745703

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletakes View Post
A personal attack - not very becoming. Is that all you could come up with? Biden had no reason to fake it, he wasn't the only one laughing at Ryan. Millions were laughing at his ridiculous "facts", I among them. Even my avatar is smiling.

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1306
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 595353

I'm embarrassed to admit I voted for Obama and Biden in the last election. What a waste of my vote. They have our great country on the brink of bankruptcy and out Vice President acts like a ill mannered brat during an internationally televised debate. He was laughing to show his disrespect for Ryan/Romney but he came off like a complete fool in doing so. This is who we have representing us with foreign dignitaries and heads of State...an ill mannered buffoon. Gasoline $4.25 a gallon. Yup figure out a way to blame that on Romney/Ryan; You can't! Blame it on your laughing buffoon of a Vice President and his do nothing running mate. He was probably laughing because he thought he was going to get away with his huge lie about not knowing anything about Libya and the ambasador's request for military back-up before he was assinated. Bozzo move over Biden is in town.

www.MikeDiRenzoPhotography.com
Bozzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1307
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Again, missed the debate last night due to school, but from what I understand, Biden whiped Ryan. Kinda proven by the fact that no one posted here saying to the contrary. Hopefully Barack took notes and stops trying to play nice and lays into Mittens next week.
The Republicians would like you to believe that Ryan won or even tied but anyone watching (unless you are from the very right wing) can tell you Biden clearly won. Ryan's answers did not hold up under questioning and were exposed as TALKING POINTS.
Examples:

1) Unemployment; Ryan tried to say unemployment was going up. Biden's answer was "you must not know how to read the numbers since the current unemployment number was 7.8% and it started at over 10%.

2) Tax Rates; He could give no specifices on how they were going to cover 5 trillion is spending by cutting the rates. Ryan tried to claim that Ronald Regan didn't have any specifices either. Biden told him that was not true because he sat right beside Ragan in that very meeting on cutting taxes. No response from Ryan.

3) Syira; Ryan tried to claim not enough was being done about Iran or Syira. Biden told him that the current provisions were hurting Iran and the President would never let them have a nuclear weapon. Same with Syira. Biden then asked Ryan if Romeney/Ryan wanted to go to war with these countries or what other steps would they take that hadn't already been taken. No acceptable amswer frrom Ryan.

4) Current Afgan war; Ryan claims that we should not have a timeline to withdraw troops and few are being sent into hot areas. Biden's answer was "Withdrawal will be complete by 2014 period". Less American troops sent into hot areas because Afgan troops are being sent in. Said that's why we trained them to provide their own security and as long as we do it they wouldn't (wich I think is correct).

5) Social Security; Ryan, in the past has voted to privitize SS. Biden told him that seniors would really have been up the creek it that had passed in the Bush era.

6) Ryan had difficulity trying to explain why their votcher plan was better if it cost seniors as much as 4,000/6,000 dollars out of pocket. Also asked him why Republicians would not let the Medicare system use their purchasing power to lower cost of the program. No answer.

7) Stimulus plan; Ryan voted against it and claimed it didn't work. Biden's answer, was "I have two letters in my file that you wrote to me asking for funds for your state saying that the fund were needed to CREATE JOBS in your state". He goes on to say that Romney/Ryan was against saving GM as well. No good answer for that.

Abortion; Ryan said he and Romney did not believe it should not be decided byi unelected officials (Surpreme Court) and should be left to elected officials (congress) to decide. He is against ALL abortiions but party line is with exceptions for rape, incest, mother's life in danger. Obama/Biden would allow the woman and her doctor make the choice.

This is more or less a summary of the debate. I will say Ryan made some points about the current problems in the State Department and contends the Obama forign policy is unravelling. In the overall scheme of things the 4 killed and the confusion involved is a minor issue in the long run. They know the risks when they take the job.

Dwight
dmthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1308
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 45527

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceropegia View Post
A personal attack - not very becoming. Is that all you could come up with? Biden had no reason to fake it, he wasn't the only one laughing at Ryan. Millions were laughing at his ridiculous "facts", I among them. Even my avatar is smiling.

You call that a knife?

Quote:

This is a knife:

Originally Posted by Rick Waldroup
You, sir, are the most unpatriotic sonofabitch I have encountered here.

This is a knife:

Quote:
Originally Posted by graflex View Post

I tried unsubscribing here because of the crude vitriol and lack of common courtesy.
The atmosphere here is changing. Spams are cropping up and staying way too long and the hate is building.

The Speed Challenge hasn't been touched in over a week and I attribute it to a cultural mood brewing.

If Photocamel don't care, why should I?
Old 10-13-2012   #1309
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 24745703

Quote:
You call that a knife?This is a knife
They didn't come from me.

Quote:
I tried unsubscribing here because of the crude vitriol and lack of common courtesy.
[I]The atmosphere here is changing. Spams are cropping up and staying way too long and the hate is building.
So your noble response is to join the crowd and add your vitriol to it. Can't call the kettle black anymore.

You tried unsubscribing? You didn't need to unsubscribe, you could have just deleted the emails and not opened the thread. Face it, you couldn't stay away, just like the rest of us who waste our time here.

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #1310
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzzzz View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit I voted for Obama and Biden in the last election. What a waste of my vote. They have our great country on the brink of bankruptcy and out Vice President acts like a ill mannered brat during an internationally televised debate. He was laughing to show his disrespect for Ryan/Romney but he came off like a complete fool in doing so. This is who we have representing us with foreign dignitaries and heads of State...an ill mannered buffoon. Gasoline $4.25 a gallon. Yup figure out a way to blame that on Romney/Ryan; You can't! Blame it on your laughing buffoon of a Vice President and his do nothing running mate. He was probably laughing because he thought he was going to get away with his huge lie about not knowing anything about Libya and the ambasador's request for military back-up before he was assinated. Bozzo move over Biden is in town.
Apparently you were not watching the first debate were Romney was doing much the same thing to the President. I certainly don't blame Biden for laughing at Ryan's answers because they were inaccurate and misleading in most cases. Se my prior post. Many questions Ryan had no good answers. Think you need to go look elsewhere for the answer to your $4.25 a gallon gasoline since the only way the President would have to control prices is to nationalize the industry which I don't believe would go over very well. Oil is sold on the open world market and prices are set by how much the wourld is willing to pay.

You must have a lot of inside information that the rest of us don't have about the workings of the State Department. Any request for additional security would/should have been taken care of at a level far below that of the President or Vice-President. In the case you are talking about I doubt we could have put enough security to keep that from happening in the first place. In most cases it is up to the host country to provide security and also determine how many security forces we can put in. In any case this is a pretty minor thing that has gotten blown up because it is an election year. This has happened many times in the past and will happen again in the future no matter who is the White House. In kind of a side note here, just what would have the President do, take some kind of military action? Bomb them? Bomb who?

Dwight

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: