Who likes Mitt Romney here? - Page 123
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

View Poll Results: Who likes Mitt Romney here?
I like him 91 47.64%
I like the other guy 80 41.88%
Other (explain) 20 10.47%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012   #1221
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 196
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”
Thomas Sowell,
DennisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #1222
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
Unbiased? You’re kidding, right? The most recent example I can think of is when they fired Juan Williams because he spoke his mind on another network….

It’s the principle not the amount that is important…..That’s the problem with you Libs- throw away principles and laws when they don’t support your model of what should happen. But if a conservative did that you would have the media screaming hate filled crap all over the airwaves.

So its ok to waste money on tanks sitting in the desert to rust at a few billion dollars, but we need to stop the juggernaut of runaway expenses known as public broadcasting? Because shows like Mr Rogers, Reading Rainbow or yes even Sesame Street are a threat to the American economy and way of life....

Im sorry, but thats just stupid. We need to make sacrifices to balance our budget, but the biggest part of the pie (the military) is untouchable. We have planes that cost billions of dollars each, but cant even be flown to their potential due to design flaws that threaten the pilots. We spend billions more on tanks that even the military says arent needed. But its the private sector that needs to be the focus of cuts?

Quote:
I’d rather kids were outside playing and making up their own games rather than being fed a bunch of drivel from the boob tube. I grew up just fine with no tv in the house. Government funding of some tv show is not an appropriate substitute for parents.
Im not talking about the crap shows on TV. Im talking about shows that actually educate children. But if you kill PBS, that is the only type of programming that will be available to them.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #1223
Vicuna

"But if you kill PBS, that is the only type of programming that will be available to them."

Nonsense "According to the 990 tax form all nonprofits are required to file, Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513 -- nearly a million dollars -- in compensation in 2008. And, from 2003 to 2006, Sesame Street made more than $211 million from toy and consumer product sales.

I'd guess most cable companies would welcome this type of programming and make money at it as well. Imagine the taxpayers not having to foot the bill for Bill Moyers bullshit political rants.

BTW where so you live that there isn't any other quality programming on TV?

In addition to the numerous musical, bilingual, governmental channels the average cable provider offers, the History Channel, Discovery, Animal Planet, Nickelodeon, Disney, Science, A&E, come to mind just to name a very few.....
Old 10-10-2012   #1224
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Quote:
DennisM;1719415]"But if you kill PBS, that is the only type of programming that will be available to them."

Nonsense "According to the 990 tax form all nonprofits are required to file, Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513 -- nearly a million dollars -- in compensation in 2008. And, from 2003 to 2006, Sesame Street made more than $211 million from toy and consumer product sales.
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
― Thomas Sowell,

Quote:
I'd guess most cable companies would welcome this type of programming and make money at it as well. Imagine the taxpayers not having to foot the bill for Bill Moyers bullshit political rants.

In addition to the numerous musical, bilingual, governmental channels the average cable provider offers, the History Channel, Discovery, Animal Planet, Nickelodeon, Disney, Science, A&E, come to mind just to name a very few.....
Ahh I get it now. It's ok to make people buy quality programming but not ok to require people to purchase health insurance so people can have quality medical care. Gee which one costs this country more, Big Bird or Health Problems?

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #1225
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1361723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
So its ok to waste money on tanks sitting in the desert to rust at a few billion dollars, but we need to stop the juggernaut of runaway expenses known as public broadcasting? Because shows like Mr Rogers, Reading Rainbow or yes even Sesame Street are a threat to the American economy and way of life....

Im sorry, but thats just stupid. We need to make sacrifices to balance our budget, but the biggest part of the pie (the military) is untouchable. We have planes that cost billions of dollars each, but cant even be flown to their potential due to design flaws that threaten the pilots. We spend billions more on tanks that even the military says arent needed. But its the private sector that needs to be the focus of cuts?

Wow, I ask a question addressed to Michael, actually related to his comments, about Obama's fascination with Big Bird and I get a diatribe from you about Military spending. To top it off you suggest that Big Bird is private sector and somebody wants to cut the private sector You're really losing it my friend.. Go have another glass of kool Aid and take a nap.

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #1226
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
"But if you kill PBS, that is the only type of programming that will be available to them."

Among those you list, only History and Science are actually educational. Discovey, Animal Planet and A&E have become a hodge podge of pop culture shows as well. Nikelodeon and Disney? Really? Those are the crap channels with Miley Cyrus and all that other brain numbing crap.

And again, why is the focus on 1 show on the channel that turns a profit, not from advertising dollars but from actual marketing? Unlike Mittens who just makes money from money, Sesame Street actually makes a product.
Old 10-10-2012   #1227
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
Wow, I ask a question addressed to Michael, actually related to his comments, about Obama's fascination with Big Bird and I get a diatribe from you about Military spending. To top it off you suggest that Big Bird is private sector and somebody wants to cut the private sector You're really losing it my friend.. Go have another glass of kool Aid and take a nap.

Addressed to Michael? I do believe it was my post you quoted.

And I believe I answered your question. Why should we cut funding to a station that promotes education, under the basis that we need to stop extra spendature, but then we have enough money to give the military things that even they say they dont need? There is 1 show on that network that makes a profit while still maintaining an unbiased and educational product, but we have a candidate who says the whole thing has to go. A part of the budget that is soooo freaking small, that they still have to have fundraisers to keep going.

Youre the one drinking the kool aid and need the nap, Al.
Old 10-10-2012   #1228
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1361723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Addressed to Michael? I do believe it was my post you quoted.
You are hilarious... are you sure you are in the right thread? Please refer to #1217.

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #1229
Vicuna

[/QUOTE]Ahh I get it now. It's ok to make people buy quality programming but not ok to require people to purchase health insurance so people can have quality medical care. Gee which one costs this country more, Big Bird or Health Problems?[/QUOTE]

I know government is legislating what size soda you can buy but no one is making anyone buy TV are they?

How many people that watch PBS don't have cable or dish, how are they watching it rabbit ears?

As one smart conservative observes:

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured, but not everyone must prove they are a citizen. Many of those who refuse or are unable to prove they are citizens, will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.
Old 10-10-2012   #1230
Vicuna

"Unlike Mittens who just makes money from money, Sesame Street actually makes a product."

Your logic is scary, try this the next time you walk into The Sports Authority, Staples or Dominoes Pizza tell them you are there to buy money as that is all the sell....

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: