PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011   #381
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 161827248
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Ron Paul here?

No.

Politicians in Canada are every bit as corrupt as their US counterparts. It's the US media that seems to be keen on making a big deal out of minor issues.
Old 12-27-2011   #382
Dromedary

dmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond reputedmthompson has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 24299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidebyte View Post
WolfD, there is no way I will try to justify the war in Iraq, Viet Nam or even my war in Korea. (U.S. Navy Photgraphers mate, 2nd class petty officer)...I won't justify any war unless they factually and physically attack the U.S. or for that matter Canada. I am somewhat of an isolationist, leave me alone and I will do the same. I graphically recall the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941, that IMO is justifiable to enter a war, since then in Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, Iran Bosnia etc. have overstepping our mission for peace and not respecting the soverignty of other nations.
I joined the military because I considered it my duty as an American but after serving my 8 years, next time I will go AFTER the women and children.

Are Canadian politicians more corrupt than US cousins | NJN Network
Well Sidebyte, we don't agree on many things but this is one where we certainly do. I think we would be far better off to bring our men/women home than keep them in countries that we were at war with 60/70 years ago. It seems to me that the ones wanting to keep our military in these places are the ones who profit the most from it.

Dwight
Old 12-27-2011   #383
Camel Breath

Douglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 530901

You also have to remember, that these bases serve dual roles. Bases in Germany, Japan, South Korea and such exist not only for their original peace keeping missions, but so we have bases of operation in case there are conflicts in that part of the world. Why else would we still be kissing Pakistan's ass, when its pretty much a given they were harboring OBL in a <cough> mansion within a stones throw of one of their own military training camps? I dont think we can expect the Germans to invade Poland or France anytime soon or the Japanese threatning another country. Heck, really the only civilized country that is still prone to war mongering is the good ol US of A.
Old 12-27-2011   #384
Bactrian

CanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 241449

As long as the US imports it's resources and exports the end products of those resources you will have to have a military prescience in those areas to protect your supply lines. The results of an isolationist doctrine turns the US into a second world nation. With very few exceptions third world nations want to become second world, and second world wants to become first world.

My Work (as posted in PC)

My Website
http://www.canadianrocky.com/

My blog
http://canadianrockyblog.blogspot.com/
All my images are anadianRocky
Old 12-27-2011   #385
F1 Camel

Sidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1196923

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
No.

Politicians in Canada are every bit as corrupt as their US counterparts. It's the US media that seems to be keen on making a big deal out of minor issues.
Most recently, during a December 8 House Judiciary Committee hearing into Fast and Furious where Holder was testifying, Georgia Democratic Rep. Hank Johnson argued that Fast and Furious wasn’t that big of a scandal because “white supremacists,” among others he described, were able to purchase weapons at “gun shows.” Johnson, who was concerned Guam may “tip over and capsize” if more military personnel are sent there, later told The press that he thinks the tea party movement and the National Rifle Association “manufactured” Fast and Furious as a scandal to try to attack the president
NY Times

We have our own corruption thank you
Old 12-27-2011   #386
F1 Camel

Sidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1196923

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianRocky View Post
As long as the US imports it's resources and exports the end products of those resources you will have to have a military prescience in those areas to protect your supply lines. The results of an isolationist doctrine turns the US into a second world nation. With very few exceptions third world nations want to become second world, and second world wants to become first world.
Isolation only as far as the Monroe Doctrine goes, not trade. Of course as the worlds largest consumer, the U.S. will continue to protect it's interests but not as the worlds policeman. I'm for letting all the third world countries protect themselves it's not our job. OH, i see your point, Canada has to have our protection as they are incapable of protecting themselves maybe?
Old 12-27-2011   #387
Bactrian

CanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidebyte View Post
Isolation only as far as the Monroe Doctrine goes, not trade. Of course as the worlds largest consumer, the U.S. will continue to protect it's interests but not as the worlds policeman. I'm for letting all the third world countries protect themselves it's not our job. OH, i see your point, Canada has to have our protection as they are incapable of protecting themselves maybe?
Well, first of all, Canada is NOT a third world country. And exactly who do you think you are protecting us from? In any action between the US and anyone else, We would be categorized by being "Also deads".....

On September 11th, 2001, 2,350 (approximate) US Citizens died in the terror attack on the Trade Centers, "Also dead" where 24 Canadians. (plus about three hundred more from 113 or so countries, there appears to be lots of Also Deads when the US gets involved in almost anything, take a look at the Pakistani border)

We do a fine job taking care of our own. Take a hard look at the way your banks crashed during the last economic crisis and then look at ours. We are doing fine, thank you very much.

My Website

My blog
Old 12-27-2011   #388
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

oldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoroldugly strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 136021
Editing OK?: No

A friend (who requests anonymity) PM'd me a few minutes ago. He is getting a kick out of the US/Canada bickering. (He is originally from Canada.) He reminded me that the State in which he now resides, has a larger population than Canada. Said, "Of course we have more wackos, we have a lot more folks."
Assorted old film gear.
And my trusty 45 year old Weston light meter.
Critiques and comments always welcome.
Old 12-27-2011   #389
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldugly View Post
A friend (who requests anonymity) PM'd me a few minutes ago. He is getting a kick out of the US/Canada bickering. (He is originally from Canada.) He reminded me that the State in which he now resides, has a larger population than Canada. Said, "Of course we have more wackos, we have a lot more folks."
And I do believe that your wacko's have better press agents than ours. In that way, we are just neophytes.

My Website

My blog
Old 12-27-2011   #390
Guanaco

ScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud ofScubaDude has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 7847

I've been voting (and donating) Libertarian since 1984. Ron Paul is the only Dem-Repub I've ever donated to. There's not a dime's worth of difference between any of the other Dem or Repub candidates. Like Romney? Might as well vote for Obama... it doesn't matter. Like Obama? Might as well vote for Gingrich... it doesn't matter.

Induro [AT313 tripod] [AM25 monopod] [GHB2 gimbal head]
Canon [F1-n] [A-1] [various FD lenses] (retired)
Closed Thread

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: