PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > OT: Off-topic

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012   #1661
Camel Breath

Douglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 493015
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Ron Paul here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
I've been hearing that more and more lately. Puts me in a slight quandry.

I had said I would not vote for Romney, but if he's going to put Paul at his side, I will have to reconsider.

I think it might be the only winning ticket the Republicans can put together at this point, although I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Paul Ryan on the other half of a ticket, either.
Lets look at this:

Considering how different their beliefs are, would Paul accept? That would be like Obama picking Newt to be his running mate (party aside).

And wouldnt this be doing what some of you said he would never do and compromise his beliefs?

And, how many times has it been said here that the President has no real power to enact the policies Ron Paul wants? Now as VP, he is even more powerless because he really serves no purpose then to break deadlocks in the senate and give speaches in praise of the PoTUS.

If you dont think this is a ploy by Romney to just snag Paul voters, then you are crazy. Paul with have no say in policies, and this wouldnt even be a lead into a potential next attempt at a run, because he wouldnt be able to run until 2020, when he is 84 years old, if he is even alive then. 2016, the best he could be is VP again, unless Romney were to not run for another term. This is at best, a way to hook Paul supporters, but at the same time, actually hide Paul to where he has absolutely no power or influence over anything.
Old 02-24-2012   #1662
Former Camel

dthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these parts
CamelKarma: -493

I think this is good because Romney is a flipfopper (meaning he has no conviction of any kind) and hope Ron Paul would influence him and his policy like Joe does to Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
I've been hearing that more and more lately. Puts me in a slight quandry.

I had said I would not vote for Romney, but if he's going to put Paul at his side, I will have to reconsider.

I think it might be the only winning ticket the Republicans can put together at this point, although I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Paul Ryan on the other half of a ticket, either.
Old 02-24-2012   #1663
Former Camel

dthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these partsdthem is infamous around these parts

If Ron Paul could tutor Mitt Romney on Liberty and guide him through policy making according to the Libertarian principle, it doesn't matter if he's the president or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Lets look at this:

Considering how different their beliefs are, would Paul accept? That would be like Obama picking Newt to be his running mate (party aside).

And wouldnt this be doing what some of you said he would never do and compromise his beliefs?

And, how many times has it been said here that the President has no real power to enact the policies Ron Paul wants? Now as VP, he is even more powerless because he really serves no purpose then to break deadlocks in the senate and give speaches in praise of the PoTUS.

If you dont think this is a ploy by Romney to just snag Paul voters, then you are crazy. Paul with have no say in policies, and this wouldnt even be a lead into a potential next attempt at a run, because he wouldnt be able to run until 2020, when he is 84 years old, if he is even alive then. 2016, the best he could be is VP again, unless Romney were to not run for another term. This is at best, a way to hook Paul supporters, but at the same time, actually hide Paul to where he has absolutely no power or influence over anything.
Old 02-24-2012   #1664
Camel Breath

Douglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 493015
Editing OK?: Yes

Now you are just proving Rick is right about you. It would be strictly about grabbing Paul's votes. If you think RP would be anything put a puppet that is shoved into a closet, then you are indeed nuts.

Their ideologies are totally opposite from one another.
Old 02-24-2012   #1665
Former Camel

Ron Paul, ladies and gentlemen:

!
Old 02-24-2012   #1666
Vicuna

Duce is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 12

Either one or both would be a disaster, at least Romney is smart enough to relize cuting spending could crash the economy
Old 02-24-2012   #1667
Llama

Reeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first

Romney/Paul? Not a chance. His supporters would be in shock and completely give up on politics. Paul knows he won't win but he can influence the convention. He can also keep his supporters happy until he hands 'em over to Rand.

Just skimmed thru all of these posts and I would agree with almost everything DMThompson has.

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington

~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Old 02-24-2012   #1668
Bactrian

Rick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 578199
Editing OK?: No

There is no way that Romney would pick King Fruitcake as his running mate. That would be political suicide. That would be even worse than McCain's pick of that lunatic, Palin.

No, instead, what I look for Romney to do is offer the VP position to Gingrich. Santorum is to whack a doodle and they would lose the women vote overnight with that pick. Romney will probably offer the job to other people first. but will be turned down because they know that the odds are long on Romney winning.

However, Gingrich will accept and it makes sense because that will bring the ultra conservatives and Tea Baggers back into the fold, which Romney sorely needs. The choice of Gingrich will score him instant brownie points with that pack of nutjobs.

But in the end, it will only cement his loss in the election- by a landslide.
Old 02-24-2012   #1669
Llama

Reeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very niceReeflections is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Waldroup View Post

No, instead, what I look for Romney to do is offer the VP position to Gingrich.
Possible, but more likely it will be someone out of the primary circus. Rubio maybe - or some other that would bring him a state he needs. He'll get the right/TP'ers anyway even if they have to hold their noses. They would vote for anyone that isn't Obama.

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington

~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Old 02-24-2012   #1670
Bactrian

Rick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRick Waldroup strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 578199
Editing OK?: No

I thought about Rubio, but I am not so sure he would accept. He might, though.... And even then, I am not sure that would help Romney take Florida.

Closed Thread

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: