PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009   #11
Llama

JackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very niceJackAZ is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 37686
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Shutter count

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeing View Post
you can find out the shutter count within the exif of any image (IT WILL SHOW THE SHUTTER COUNT AT THE TIME THAT IMAGE WAS TAKEN).
a free exif wiever is opanda Exif viewer : Opanda IExif - Professional EXIF Viewer & Editor in Windows / IE / Firefox . There might be others, but i guess not all show the shutter count. Acdsee, for example, doesn't.
Cheers!
Must be a Nikon thing because neither of my Olympus DSLR's show shutter count in the EXIF data (using Opanda and EXIF Viewer). Each manufacturer has custom fields they have added to the EXIF data, this must be one of Nikon's.
Old 05-28-2009   #12
F1 Camel

pandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpandora strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3125532
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAZ View Post
12,773 on the E510 in just over 12 months.
Must be a Nikon thing because neither of my Olympus DSLR's show shutter count in the EXIF data (using Opanda and EXIF Viewer). Each manufacturer has custom fields they have added to the EXIF data, this must be one of Nikon's.
1000 frames per month ... WOW ... You naughty, wasteful little SHUTTERBUG, you!!!

In CS3, my Oly files don't reveal a shutter count embedded in their EXIF data either. But I very much like the way Olympus have made it available in camera.

Zuiko Optics: 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 ED SWD / 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 ED SWD / m14-42mm / 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 ED / 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5 ED
pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #13
KmH

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeing View Post

......you can find out the shutter count within the exif of any image (IT WILL SHOW THE SHUTTER COUNT AT THE TIME THAT IMAGE WAS TAKEN).
a free exif wiever is opanda Exif viewer : Opanda IExif - Professional EXIF Viewer & Editor in Windows / IE / Firefox ......
Cheers!
That only works with the newer Nikon camera bodies and the image must be a SOOC JPEG.
Old 06-29-2009   #14
Dromedary

Mike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2891
Editing OK?: Ask First

A couple of things I wanted to add...first Olympus tests EVERY new camera that comes off the line, so even a new camera will have a shutter count around 100.

As well, don't forget that using live view, one touch white balance, and anything that triggers the shutter adds to the count...live view has its own counter on the screen!

You can also see how many times the SSWF has been activated, how many pixels have been mapped, and how many times the manual cleaning mode has been activated.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #15
Guanaco

delu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to beholddelu is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 5826
Editing OK?: Yes

On my e-410 I have 11,452 in 11 months, so I guess that makes me to a "wasteful little SHUTTERBUG"

Olympus E-400 (converted to WideSpectrum) E-420 E-410 and E-510 E-P1

ZD 14-42mm, ZD 40-150mm, ZD 50-200mm, Zuiko OM 50mm f1,8 Japan, Sigma 30mm f1.4, Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6, MFT ZD 45mm f2.8, MFT Sigma 30mm f2.8
METZ 48 AF-1 Flash

delu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #16
Dromedary

Mike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2891
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean28 View Post
doesn't work here
Note on older cameras (E-1, E-300, and maybe E-500) you have to press Play/Display and OK instead of Menu and OK. This pages explains things in a lot more detail, and even has screen shots of what you should be seeing:
biofos.com: How to access hidden camera codes.

Since everyone is posting their shutter counts, I've reached 8000 on my 4yr old E-300, and 2000 on my 1 yr old E-330.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: