OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO LENS
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6964085
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO LENS

My Olympus friends have released the next item in their “pro line” of Micro 4/3 lenses, and it looks to be a great addition. And the rumors of a fixed 300mm lens are actually more than a rumor, as they stated it was in development, and they did show a “mockup” of it and the soon to be coming 7-12mm Pro zoom lens. Olympus’s press release for the new 40-150 is below, as is a link to their site and the Olympus video discussing it and the new teleconverter. I’m looking forward to having one of these…

Olympus’ First M.ZUIKO PRO Telephoto Zoom Lens Delivers Ultimate Optical Performance in a Portable, Lightweight Body

CENTER VALLEY, Pa., September 15, 2014 – Professional quality telephoto shooting is now more portable than ever with the introduction of the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens (80-300mm in 35mm equivalent). This latest Olympus lens is the first telephoto in the M.ZUIKO PRO series that features a dust, splash and freeze proof construction, durable enough to withstand the rigors of professional shooting, when combined with the Olympus OM-D E-M1.

The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens maintains a constant f2.8 aperture for bright, superior optical performance that meets the needs of professional photographers. It incorporates the world’s first focusing system to power two high-grade lens elements using dual linear VCM (Voice Coil Motor) motors, for quiet, fast focusing on subjects such as fast moving subjects at sporting events. This lens is also perfect for wedding or event photography. With a minimum focus distance of just 20 inches from the front of the lens at all focal lengths, a dedicated Function button, manual focus clutch and a sliding, protective lens hood, the new M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO is versatile, portable and easy-to-use. An inner zoom mechanism allows the lens to maintain its portable size of just over 6 inches.

More Zoom Power
For anyone in need of even more zoom power, the MC-1.4x teleconverter boosts the zoom range of the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens to a 420mm equivalent, and offers the same dust, splash and freeze proof build quality of the rest of the PRO series – making it ideal for shooting in the field, even in the rain.

Optical Protection
Olympus has also developed a professional-grade lens filter for the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens. The first filter of its kind in the series, the PRF-ZD72 PRO incorporates ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating, to eliminate scratches on the lens and as well reduces ghosting and lens flare, even in very bright situations, for the clearest images. These filters also feature an anti-reflective, alumite-coated black matte barrel. Identical protection will be available for the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO lens, the PRF-ZD62 PRO.

U.S. Pricing and Availability
The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens will be available in November, 2014.
Estimated Street Price: $1,499.99

The MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter will be available in November, 2014.
Estimated Street Price: $349.99

For a complete list of specifications, visit the Olympus website:
http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/lenses/pen-omd/m-zuiko-ed-40-150mm-f2-8-pro.html

Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 797223
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO LENS

If this lens is what Olympus claims, it will be one of the best lenses ever created! The first micro 4/3 Pro lens, an Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 is an extremely good lens.
ClintS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014   #3
Administrator

Yup, time will tell on how good it is. Rumors are it will be the best, but I'll settle for Top-3 best.

Old 10-02-2014   #4
Administrator

Any one get or getting on board the "new long pro lens train" ?

Old 06-28-2016   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 46647337

I am about too........I think but I am trying to tell myself I don't need it... but I do want it... I think

I don't want to buy a cheaper option and end up with this lens anyway
woollyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 57523225

Quote:
Originally Posted by woollyback View Post
I am about too........I think but I am trying to tell myself I don't need it... but I do want it... I think

I don't want to buy a cheaper option and end up with this lens anyway
Go for it Rob you know it makes sense if you buy a cheaper option you WILL regret it.

One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photos out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photos out of focus are a style.
-Mark-

Gear- - Canon 7d mk2 - Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM C - Sigma 17-50 F2.8 EX DG OS HSM - Sigma 10-20 F3.5 EX DC HSM - SIGMA 70 F2.8 EX DG Macro - Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM - Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod - Sigma TC1401 - Sigma 580 EX II - Yongnuo YN14EX Macro Flash - Lee Filter system - Lowepro Trekker AW II.
Mark Lattimer-Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016   #7
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 194398119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lattimer-Hedley View Post
Go for it Rob you know it makes sense if you buy a cheaper option you WILL regret it.

+1
Old 06-28-2016   #8
Camel Breath

Bad people I must resist....... At least for tonight ��������
Old 07-01-2016   #9
Camel Breath

I am feeling weak ....... I must resist

I have been shooting with my 5D2 to stave off the cravings but I fear the outcome is inevitable
Old 07-01-2016   #10
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 194398119

Resistance is futile !!!

- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »