PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012   #1
Dromedary

Mike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to allMike_PEAT is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2891
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default The "I own an OM-D" thread

I got my OM-D today, black body-only with grip & regular 4/3 adapter.

So I thought I'd start a thread so people can proclaim their ownership of Oly's latest, greatest, camera.

That's all I have to say (for now).

Old 05-03-2012   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 162859298
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: The "I own an OM-D" thread

Congrats on the new camera Mike. Looking forward to seeing a few shots.
Old 05-09-2012   #3
Vicuna

jnicklin has a spectacular aura aboutjnicklin has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 120
Editing OK?: Ask first

Any impressions you have of the new camera would be appreciated. Some of us are contemplating acquiring the little beauty.
jnicklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #4
Dromedary

OdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very niceOdzBodkinz is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 45802

I have one. It is lovely.
Old 05-15-2012   #5
Llama

nasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 197661

I have a silver on order. I am getting impatient, but I am excited.
Old 05-19-2012   #6
Vicuna

bgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to allbgalb is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2605

I have had a black E-M5 for about a month. Love it. Here is a robin taken in the last light of sunset with panasonic 100-300 lens at 300mm 1/80 hand held. Highly cropped. The photo is not very good, but the IBIS of the E-M5 is phenomenal.
bgalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012   #7
Llama

nasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 197661

That looks great
Old 05-26-2012   #8
Vicuna

Learnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 978532

Came here to post the same thing, I own the silver OM-D, found one in the uk on ebay for the same price as the black (they have a world wide warranty btw). I tested it and immediately sold all my semi-pro nikon gear to buy it and new glass. My lenses are the kit, the sigma 2.8 30mm, the panasonic Leica 25mm 1.4 and I'm waiting on the panasonic 100-300mm and Olympus 35mm macro.

But here's what you all want to see - pictures:

Taken with the Leica 25mm this is iso 800 btw.

Hot dog by Learnin' Curve, on Flickr

kit lens:

this is my icecream there are many other icecreams but this one is mine by Learnin' Curve, on Flickr

kit lens again:

first one by Learnin' Curve, on Flickr

The colours are phenomenal, the exp and WB is bang on (remember to turn the warm colour option off), focusing is like lightning on single point. The viewfinder is crisp ad clear, and it has the marvellous option of when you use manual focusing it will zoom in for you. Only niggle I have is that LR/PS can't read the raw files so you have to convert into tiff via the software, the software is actually very good and there is a batch convert to tiff options.
Learnin Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #9
Vicuna

Learnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLearnin Curve strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 978532

Went out and did some more shooting with the 25mm 1.4

F1.4

the sweet spot at F4

Same again but cropped and in colour.
Learnin Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #10
Llama

ClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 797223

Which kit lens? The 12-50mm?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: