PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012   #1
Alpaca

glp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2033
Editing OK?: No
Default Olympus help

I have an old E330. The Auto focus and the apeture settings have stopped working. I shoot in manual and can not change the apeture at all. no reading shows up when using any of the auto settings either. The auto focus doesn't work with either one my lens. Can someone help, please?

Old 01-22-2012   #2
F1 Camel

korman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 497479
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Olympus help

I would try to clean the contacts on the body and check if all pins are out the same distance. Your problem would be well explained by an electrical interruption on some pin between lens and body.

That's not much help and I'd guess you already did that.

Korman
korman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #3
Alpaca

glp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to allglp70 is a name known to all

Korman, I don't know much about trouble shooting these type of issues, so any suggestions are helpful. Not to mention the fact that this is my only camera and I'm frantic not being able to shoot anything. So, thank you. Now a question, what do I use to clean the contacts? And just to make sure I'm on the same page, are we talking about the gold looking squares on both the lens and the body?
glp70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #4
F1 Camel

korman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Yes, you should have 9 little metallic bumps on the lower side of the lens hole on the camera and 9 little plates on the lens. Check those and wipe them with a clean dry rag. The 9 pins on the camera should be all at the same level.

Korman
Old 01-22-2012   #5
Alpaca

Thank you so much, Korman!! Wiping everything off helped and it's working now!
glp70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #6
F1 Camel

Lucky you, because if that wouldn't have helped, you'd been really in trouble.

Have fun with your camera.

Korman
Old 01-22-2012   #7
Alpaca

I already ordered a new one just in case. Now I can use this one as a backup.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: