PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012   #1
F1 Camel

korman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 497479
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Giving hope to dash it? Olympus playing mind games again

Oh the sadists at Olympus. They just announced some professional grade equipment, most likely mirrorless, in spirit of the Olympus OM. 43 Rumors | Blog | (FT5) Super Olympus announcement on Feb 8th! Pro camera + new line of products! This would be wonderful news for all those people still invested in the 4/3-system. A month of dreaming about a future for the system, a month of not feeling orphaned.

Lets just hope, this time they won't underwhelm us again like in the past 3 years and they aren't going to show yet another party-cam without proper viewfinder, this time only in pink with the OM logo.

Well, back to my trusty E-520. For what I do, it's still good enough. I'm somewhat glad, Santa left me some ligths instead of an E-5.

Korman

Old 01-10-2012   #2
Vicuna

jnicklin has a spectacular aura aboutjnicklin has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 120
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Giving hope to dash it? Olympus playing mind games again

You know that's a rumour, right? There have been rumours about an OM style camera for years. I for one would be happy to see that camera, but I'm not holding my breath. What we'll most likely see is a weather-sealed PEN body and some sealed lenses to go with it.

I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.
jnicklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #3
F1 Camel

korman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkorman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Yes, and a decent viewfinder to go with the camera so that it's a serious candidate as an E-5 replacement. That's all it takes. No need for pink cameras with f/4.5 pancake lenses that fits into a girls purse next to lip-stick and condoms.

Korman
korman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #4
Alpaca

lcwilder is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Does the pro-camera hint mean a successor to the E-5? or still more micro 4/3?
http://facebook.com/wildshotz
lcwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #5
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcwilder View Post
Does the pro-camera hint mean a successor to the E-5? or still more micro 4/3?
My reading of the tea-leaves is: both. Either a successor of the E-5 in micro 4/3 or a try at it as close as they can come. At least, that's what I hope for, so it all may just be wishful thinking.

Korman

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: