PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008   #1
Guanaco

williamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nice
CamelKarma: 452
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Converting Minolta/Sony AF lens to Nikon

Has anyone ever done the Ai conversion of an AF Minolta/Sony lens to Nikon mount?
If so, what do you lose once it is on the Nikon body?

Old 04-28-2008   #2
F1 Camel

Nikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1439
Default Re: Converting Minolta/Sony AF lens to Nikon

I've not heard of anyone doing such a thing.

I remember a long time ago, in a film land far far away that there used to be some mount converters that would allow you to use a Nikon lens on a Canon body or vice versa, but I've not seen or heard of anything like that in many years.

Jeez, I sound like an old fart.

Julio
Old 04-29-2008   #3
Guanaco

williamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nicewilliamkazak is just really nice

Check out this thread at the Nikon Cafe and you will see the explanation of the Sony 135 STF lens.
Lens with the most creamy bokeh (no, not the 85/1.4) - NikonCafe.com
williamkazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #4
F1 Camel

Nikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of lightNikonfreak is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1439

Interesting, I hadn't read about that before. Seems as though Nikon's 105 and 135 f/2.0 DC lenses do somewhat of the same thing or share the same concept.

I've seen a few photogs out there at various events with the 135 f/2.0 DC. I've had some interest in getting that lens but haven't jumped in as of yet.

This Minolta design really looks interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Julio
Old 05-10-2008   #5
Guanaco

I would like to know how to mount it onto a Nikon body.
williamkazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #6
Llama

riha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud ofriha has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 9684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonfreak View Post
I've not heard of anyone doing such a thing.

I remember a long time ago, in a film land far far away that there used to be some mount converters that would allow you to use a Nikon lens on a Canon body or vice versa, but I've not seen or heard of anything like that in many years.

Jeez, I sound like an old fart.

Julio

There are quite a few of those converters being sol today, new ones. They gives you full metering, but no autofocus. A LOT of Canon poeple use nikon lenses on their Canon cameras.
riha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #7
Guanaco

Show me a URL for a source to mount Sony onto Nikon, please.
Old 12-08-2011   #8
Photocamel Master

scoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorscoundrel1728 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 222520
Editing OK?: Ask first

There's this one, but it has a removable 1.4x teleconverter built in so that you can maintain infinity focus. At USD39.95, you can't expect much performance from the teleconverter. If you remove the teleconverter, you won't be able to focus on distant objects but the optics of your Sony lens will still function. You will run into this same problem with any Sony lens-to-Nikon mount converter.

Fotodiox Professional Photography Supplies and Equipment

Same problem going from a Nikon lens to a Sony body...

However, you can successfully mount Nikon lenses (including G series lenses with this particular model) to Canon EOS bodies...

There are other less expensive Nikon to Canon EOS body adapters, but they lack the focus confirmation feature and/or the ability to handle G series lenses.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: