NIKON MB D 80
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 42797
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Question NIKON MB D 80

All of a sudden mine is failing to function-- not dropped, banged or any thing else? Checked and rechecked batteries several times nothing. Camera works fine but when grip is attached it is no go?? Any chance of help on this one?? I doubt it would be worth fixing but am looking for an answer if possible. Other than that I guess it is off to flea-bay. THANKS! for any help.

Old 03-01-2017   #2
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 536219
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: NIKON MB D 80

ebay replacement ?
Golem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1422482

Have you considered that the grip is at fault rather than the camera body? And have you checked the contacts between the body and the grip for contamination and corrosion?
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017   #4
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 536219
Editing OK?: Yes

I'm pretty sure he's already blaming the grip [per the OP].
Golem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017   #5
Guanaco

Thumbs down Re: NIKON MB D 80

Yes, ALL contacts have been checked and cleaned as possible . Was copying some slides and it worked fine. Got done, went upstairs and the problem started. I just have NO idea. does not seem to be and viable answer so I guess it is off to flea-bay-- bummer.
Tusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017   #6
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Hiya. Did you get your replacement? Did you buy Nikon or something else? I can vouch for the Neewer, cheaper, good fit, button sensitivity good. A pal got the Hahnel, not so good reports on that; fit not amazing, shutter very sensitive...

BW
Martin
www.everythingd7000.co.uk
MartinDBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #7
Guanaco

Lightbulb Re: NIKON MB D 80

Got another D80 and grip- it works fine but still have the problem with my original camera. Now it isn't recording the image-- grip was also replaced as I needed another back-up. Still cannot figure this out and have tried everything, cleaning, new batteries etc. Anyone have a guess or two?? THANKS!! Did another test -- plugged in the AC DH5 into the camera and it functioned flawless. Am I on to something?? can the problem be as simple as batteries are warn out?? --- Answer is YES! Put in batteries bought last year which I dated 2016 and everything was working normal -- only problem now is DC1 remote does not work because there is a small piece missing from the socket -- New D80 has this and it works fine-- I am doubting such a part is not available to me for replacement and will be an expensive repair. Will contact NIKON but I don't have much hope there. THANKS ALL!
Tusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017   #8
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Hi,

I've sent stuff back in the UK for repair & it's been fine. I've sent Sigma stuff back too & that's been fine. I'd get an estimate before sending back though, since sometimes it's just not economic due to labour costs.

Hope you get something sorted.

BW
Martin
Everything D7000
Currently upgrading the site to cover the D7500.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: