PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012   #11
Marvin (aka Heinz)

meinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormeinster strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 348868
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Discussion: D800 vs D800E

dont forget the question to ask yourself.. is the 800E worth 20% more than the 800?

Canon 7d, 100L macro, 50 1.8, CANON 15-85/3.5-5.6 IS EF-S USM, CANON 70-200/4 L USM, Sigma 150-500 DG OS HSM

http://500px.com/Hkphotography

http://www.facebook.com/heinz.tervoert
meinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #12
Dromedary

Greg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3968847
Editing OK?: Ask First

Got the call. My D800E has shipped and should arrive Wednesday.
Greg Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #13
Camel Breath

Douglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 530901
Editing OK?: Yes

Yay! Expecting images here by thursday night!
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #14
Dromedary

Greg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Yay! Expecting images here by thursday night!
Count on it, hopefully none with moire... I haven't upgraded to LR4 yet.
Old 04-30-2012   #15
F1 Camel

jerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 80660
Editing OK?: No

You likely will have to as LR 3 won't support it... if it is the same thing as the D4 that is.

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #16
Dromedary

Thanks for the info Jerry. I will get LR4. I'd prefer getting a new computer first. I'm looking at one with a two TB hard drive. I'm trying not to seriously upset my wife with too many big expenditures. She wasn't thrilled about the camera. A photo someone posted elsewhere of a bird, where you could count the individual feathers if you had the patience helped.
Old 05-01-2012   #17
Dromedary

It arrived a day early. Battery is charging. But I took it out back for a quickie prior to starting the charge. These were just hand held. BTW, I did check the far left focus points and they seemed to work perfectly.

Files are big and my three year old computer is painfully slow handling them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NP3_8848.jpg (46.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg NP3_8856.jpg (45.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0024.jpg (94.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0029.jpg (95.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0030.jpg (77.9 KB, 72 views)
Old 05-02-2012   #18
F1 Camel

Erich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3135331

Congratulations Greg.

Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
Erich1B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #19
Naz
Llama

Naz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to beholdNaz is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 5145

[[I'm looking at one with a two TB hard drive]]

you might find that that's not even enough if you save files in raw format- I have 2 harddrives that = 3 TB and they do fill up faster than you'd think- Unless you have soem off computer harddrives?

Nice photos by the way- did you do any processign on them? Levels, curves, color boost noise reduction? or anything? It seems htere is a fair bit of noise i nthe photos backgrounds? also, coudl you post hte exif on them? Like ISO shutter speed etc?
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #20
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich1B View Post
Congratulations Greg.
Thanks Erich. Hope you get the call soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz View Post
[[I'm looking at one with a two TB hard drive]]

you might find that that's not even enough if you save files in raw format- I have 2 harddrives that = 3 TB and they do fill up faster than you'd think- Unless you have soem off computer harddrives?

Nice photos by the way- did you do any processign on them? Levels, curves, color boost noise reduction? or anything? It seems htere is a fair bit of noise i nthe photos backgrounds? also, coudl you post hte exif on them? Like ISO shutter speed etc?
I knew space would be an issue, but it's a bigger one than I expected. Files are huge. I took the camera out this morning to a wildlife refuge with 12 Gb worth of space on two cards. I had room for 13 more shots when I got home after not that much shooting.

EXIF on the previous shots: ISO=320, 1/2500sec, f/5.6 at 400mm. Camera was at default setting of matrix metering and the shots were a little underexposed, which probably added some background noise. I will post an initial impressions thread once I've gone through this morning's shots.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: