PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012   #1
F1 Camel

Erich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3136641
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Nikon D800 & D800E Technical Guide

Link to Nikon's Technical Guide for the D800 & D800E

I found it interesing.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/o/Y6wr...alGuide_En.pdf

Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
Erich1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012   #2
KmH

Default Re: Nikon D800 & D800E Technical Guide

Thanks for the link.
Old 02-22-2012   #3
Dromedary

Greg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3968847
Editing OK?: Ask First

Thanks Erich. It is a little scary that the guide starts off with issues of motion blur and states that even the mirror movement can cause blur.
Greg Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #4
F1 Camel

Erich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorErich1B strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norrell View Post
It is a little scary that the guide starts off with issues of motion blur and states that even the mirror movement can cause blur.
I know, right! Still can't wait to get mine.

Old 03-01-2012   #5
F1 Camel

More from Nikon on the D800/D800E - Nikon | Imaging Products | Behind the scenes - The D800/D800E
An excerpt:
Tell us what you had in mind during the development process.

Hara: "In terms of high-resolution cameras, Nikon's flagship is the D3X, a 24-megapixel model released in 2008 and since highly evaluated in the marketplace. That was our product to beat in developing the D800: our goal was image quality a step above far superior to any existing D-SLR camera compressed into a compact camera body. We weren't competing with D-SLR cameras; when it came to image quality our rivals were, to put it bluntly, high-resolution medium-format digital cameras or digital camera backs. One of our main design concepts was a camera with image quality, tone reproduction, and sharpness that were a match for high-resolution medium-format cameras."

Old 03-03-2012   #6
Dromedary

Greg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreg Norrell strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3968847
Editing OK?: Ask First

Here's a link to Nikon's digitutor for the D800/D800E:

Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor | D800/D800E
Greg Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #7
Llama

ClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorClintS strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 797223

I would guess they produced this because of the number of D7000 users that complained of focus problems or slightly blurry photos. The pixel density is about the same between the D7000 and the D800 so I'm pretty sure it the new camera will take the same effective holding and shooting techniques to get the best out of the camera.

I know the D7000 significantly challenged me the first month I used it. Actually it still does, but I quickly learned that my prior shooting techniques were not enough for this camera. The D800 Technical Guide confirmed what I had learned.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: