PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009   #1
Vicuna

hennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nicehennysr is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 39355
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default D90 Auto bracket

A friend of mine just bought a D90 and is interested in doing some HDR work and is using the auto bracket feature, but has to trigger each shot seperately. Is there a way to have it shoot all 3 pictures automatically? I know that Canon has this feature, but we have not been able to find this on the D90.

Old 12-09-2009   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

icuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very niceicuttl is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 44040
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: D90 Auto bracket

Set your shooting mode to continuous mode and setup your auto bracketing, then just hold the shutter release down until the camera takes all three shots.

Page 94 of the owner's manual under Exposure and Flash Bracketing talks about this.

Last edited by icuttl; 12-10-2009 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Added reference to owner's manual.
icuttl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #3
Dromedary

shadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very niceshadowlands is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 64411
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennysr View Post
A friend of mine just bought a D90 and is interested in doing some HDR work and is using the auto bracket feature, but has to trigger each shot seperately. Is there a way to have it shoot all 3 pictures automatically? I know that Canon has this feature, but we have not been able to find this on the D90.
Yes, the D90 can do exposure auto bracketing with ease. I use it often myself. I wish I could walk you through it, but my D90 isn't by my side currently. But yes, it does have auto bracketing. I have mine set to automatically shoot three shots (when activated). +2, 0, and -2.
Nikon AF 20mm F2.8D
Nikon AF 50mm F1.8D
Nikon SB-800, SB-400 & Nikon MB-D10
Bogen-Manfrotto 3001/3265/3016/234rc
Lowepro Slingshot 302 & Stroboframe 350
“Lowepro Preferred Photographer”
www.flickr.com/photos/dbdigital/
shadowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #4
Vicuna

NikonMarty has a spectacular aura aboutNikonMarty has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 171
Editing OK?: No

sounds like you're after the same thing i am...have numerous bracketed shots taken simultaneously with one click of the trigger
look forward to a positive response
Cokin P-series : iMac Intel - 24" / CaptureNX / CS3 Suite / Lightroom 2 / PSE4
Knowledge (or is it memories) regarding a whole bunch of equipment my ex-wife took with her when she left
NikonMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #5
Llama

TimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to beholdTimBlodgett is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 3607

It was already mentioned but I'll mention it again. Set the cameras drive mode to continuous.
TimBlodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009   #6
KmH
F1 Camel

KmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6932

And being an entry-level Nikon, the D90 can only do a maximum of 3 auto brackets at a time (the minimum for making HDR exposures), whereas a D300/D300s can do 9 auto brackets at a time.

"If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always gotten."
KmH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #7
Vicuna

Drock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 132199

I've tried this (putting the camera in continuous mode) and I still can not get the camera to take "all three" shots with one push of the shutter release. If I hold the release down it will go through the bracket steps but not by it self. Is that the only way to get all three shots at once?

Thanks in advance...
Drock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #8
Photocamel Master

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1064731
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Is that the only way to get all three shots at once?
Yes, you need to hold down the shutter release.
cyclohexane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #9
Vicuna

Drock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDrock strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
Yes, you need to hold down the shutter release.
Thank you! That's the answer I was seeking.
Drock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010   #10
Vicuna

Well I was playing around yesterday and if you set the self timer to "on" and the number of shots (same screen) to three, then turn on Auto Bracket you can have the D90 take all three shots in the bracket with one push of the shutter release, eliminating some the of worry about camera shake or movement.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum »

Share this topic: