senses working overtime
Editing OK?: Yes
Gallery | Blog
Chassor d'Images review of D200
I've seen some snippets from the magazine review, and it looks like the new Sony sensor is working well at all ISO ranges - I think this is encouraging for all fans of the smaller sensors (and speaking as an Olympus E-1 user, I guess that includes myself). Maybe Nikon don't need FF after all? :P
A summary of the magazine's findings below (apologies for the amusing 'lost in translation' moments ):
- exceptional Construction a little underneath solely of Nikon D2x/Canon 1d since they not only have metal decks but also a metallic chassis like previous and on the contrary with the canon 5d which only has covers. In addition to the weather sealing. Although it has been well said before, the Hasselblad does not have meetings of sealed and for that reason they are not considered of fan.
- Viewfinder. There is a comparative one of viewfinder luminosity in where the camera winner between all DSLRs is
1º) Canon 5d
2º) Canon DSMKII
3º) km 7D
4º) Nikon d200
5º) Nikon d2x.......
tail of the squad
18º) Canon 300D
19)º Canon 350D
20º) Nikon d70S
Between 1º and 20º has more than 1 diaphragm of difference.
Size of the viewfinder: the Nikon D200 is slightly superior to the Nikon d2x that 5D was already well although inferior, clear to a Canon that he is the best one.
Coverage of the viewfinder: The best ones are the Nikon d2x, Canon ds that have 99%, the Nikon d200 is equal to the Canon 5d on 95%. In where the Nikon
d200 does not emphasize is in the pupil of exit (if you use glasses) even to normal and behind nikon d2x, canon 1d.
- Autofocus: Very fast and very sensible in conditions of little luminosity and debil resistance. Practically at the level of the Nikon D2x that is the best one.
All the Canon (including the D1) is inferior in detection of little luminosity or low resistance. the best one of the Canon seems to be 5d aunqué it is not clear.
- back Screen TFT: The wafer: great, luminous and legible in conditions of much light, it is seen perfectly with angulo important upwards and sides. Superior to the one of the Nikon d2x and Canon dsMKII. I does not say to it although I imagine that the one of the Canon5d / MKIIN must be equally good.
- Quality of image: Equal noise to the best one than according to them is the Nikon d2x. They are based on a system that measures the noise mainly of
crominancia. Good resolution but low a little to 800 ISO, low enough at 1600 Low ISO and to 3200 ISO all it seems much to be by effect of noise reduction that makes the processor to these sensitivities in JPEG.
If we compared the measurements with the Canon 5d the D200 widely surpasses it in the noise to all sensitivities although the Canon 5d maintains one high resolution that lowers little as the ISO. Vuelven raises to repeat that it is a preliminary series unit and the final results they can vary (equally it does not reduce so much the resolution to the high sensitivities at the cost of more noise, noit is known).
On the other hand we are in the one of always: a thing is these measurements of laboratory bla, bla, bla, in where the Nikon d2x gives him with teaspoon to
Canon dsMKII as far as noise and soon we compared photos by screen and it seems to be another thing. It seems that CI do not only consider the luminance noise
the one of crominancia. That yes recognizes that previous it is at the cost of lowering the resolution.
Members don't see ads in threads. Register your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
|Share this topic:|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|D200 vs. 30D - A Review||Sidebyte||Canon Forum||24||04-23-2006 03:24 PM|
|E-330 review now on DPR||Paul Shields||Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds Forum||8||03-21-2006 02:27 AM|
|D200 review||Paul Shields||Nikon Forum||10||03-06-2006 10:01 PM|
|Bjørn Rørslett's Nikon D200 review||JDArt||Nikon Forum||2||01-17-2006 05:44 PM|
|One for review||nwheal||Nature, Wildlife||2||09-07-2005 01:49 AM|