PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013   #1
Vicuna

BooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to allBooBoos21497 is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2290
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Nikon D-800 vs Nikon D-800E

I am still hearing about the left focusing issue with the nikon D-800.I also heard some cameras sent in for service to nikon came back with other problems and the original left focus issue was not repaired. Has anyone heard of any problems with the D-800E.As I am writing this I dont think I have heard of any issues with that camera. I am myself leaning towards the D-800E but I want to do enough research before I make a decision.Anyone with the D-800E have any problems with it? All help is appreciated as always.

Old 07-31-2013   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Dromedary

BovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBovrilArg strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1471821
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Nikon D-800 vs Nikon D-800E

I have the D800 and have had it for almost a year. It works like a charm. I am very happy with it and have not suffered any of the issues we read about. I believe that we always take a risk when buying something but have faith that Nikon will fix any issue I have with it.

My family and I travel all over the world so photography was a logical way to capture the wonder of the places we go.
The lifestyle requires sacrifices such as not having friends or family near us. This is why Photocamel is so wonderful.
It lets me keep friendly photographers with me everywhere I go!

www.lost-in-transit.com
BovrilArg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #3
Llama

Doublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDoublehelix3216 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1000427

I have had my D800 for over a year without issues as well. I am sure, depending on where you are listening, you are going to hear of problems, but for the most part, I think most of that chatter has died down.

The camera is amazing, don't hesitate! You are missing out! (Either the D800 or the D800e.)
Old 07-31-2013   #4
Llama

stdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorstdon strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 464941
Editing OK?: No

I've had my D800 for about 3 months now and not have one iota of an issue with her. I shoot everything from studio portraits to extreme high speed motorsports with her and she never lets me down. I do my job, she does hers. I can say without a doubt that after shooting for almost 50 years the D800 is the most versatile camera body I can think of. She's a dream. Don't let the internet idiots grind you down.
stdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #5
F1 Camel

jerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 75590

My friend was considering the D4 or the D800 and he went the D800 route about 6 months ago. His camera has been to Nikon 3 times so far:
- blatant left side focus issues
- green tinging on the LCD screen
- green tinging of his pictures (WB was off a lot after it came back the 2nd time from Nikon)

After getting these issues resolved, he is in love with his camera except for the issue that he also needed to get a faster PC with 3TB drive because the files from a D800 are huge and took forever to work with in Lightroom... lol

PS, I would not call myself an internet idiot, but I also would not be surprised if the camera needed a quick visit to Nikon, at least up to 6 months ago. If you like the camera, it is not anything that should stop you anyway.

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #6
Vicuna

Crapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCrapshoot strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 630387

Its a great camera, but Nikon had a quite a few issues with it.
The left side issues are a pain in the butt, but it always focuses on the center point. The lower the light the bigger the issue (my camera).
Nikon is getting thrrough the issues, but mine is in the shop as we speak (near far focus issue).
Nikon will get it fixed...eventually.

As far as being an internet idiot...I make my living behind the lens.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #7
Vicuna

RRRoger is a jewel in the roughRRRoger is a jewel in the roughRRRoger is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 259

I have also had a D800 for over one year with no issues.
I recently acquired a D800e that was sent in for left focus problems.
It was sent to me from Nikon and so far works perfectly.
I like it better than the D800 for everything I shoot and also for Video.
RRRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #8
F1 Camel

jerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 75590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRoger View Post
I like it better than the D800 for everything I shoot and also for Video.
Exactly how is it better in your opinion? I've shot with both as well... and it was seriously tough to tell the shots apart at anything less than 200% zooms. I don't shoot video with dSLRs, so I cannot comment on this.

However, has anyone here seen DigitalRevTV's always humorous take on the D800 vs D800E?

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #9
Vicuna

RRRoger is a jewel in the roughRRRoger is a jewel in the roughRRRoger is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 259

[QUOTE=jerryph;1927715]Exactly how is it better in your opinion? I've shot with both /QUOTE]

I would answer >10% or for me worth the difference in price.

I will say this: When I expect better results, it sometimes spurs me to try harder.
So much of the "difference" may be caused by mental rather than physical.
RRRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #10
Vicuna

Damsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to allDamsel is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1917

The poster asked a very specific question about the 800E, not the 800. I am curious about the answer to this myself....are there any 800E owners out there who have experienced the problems that have been reported by some 800 owners? Thanks

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum »

Share this topic: