PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006   #1
Vicuna

Girevik will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 96
Default SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB in a D70

I just found a great deal on a SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB card ($40), but before I opened it I wanted to see if anyone else had used it in the D70. Is there any reason this card won't work in the D70?

Girevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #2
Guanaco

rootrider is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 48
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: SanDisk Ultra II 2 GB in a D70

I don't know why it wouldn't. I guess there's always a chance with more and more 'features' being added to the cards, but I've got a couple basic no-nonsense Kingston 2gb cards that I've been using all year in my D70 without any issues.

my photos - Joel
rootrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #3
Llama

Bonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to allBonner is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1757

Works fine! Any Lexar or SanDisk will have no issues...I have a 4GB Lexar in my D70 and get 1,100 captures + on Fine mode.

Jim
Old 11-27-2006   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1068325
Editing OK?: No

The D70, with firmware version 2.0, supports cards larger than 4 GB. I have used that specific 2 GB Ultra II in more than one D70 body without ill results.
cyclohexane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #5
Guanaco

Jwilmot is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 24
Editing OK?: Yes

I also use the ultra II 2 gig on my D70s. I have also found out that the ultra III is good for the D70s and will allow for faster downloads to the card.

Johnathan

Tamron AF 80-300mm f4-5.6/ 58mm uv filter
Nikon AF 70-210mm f4-5.6

I am learning more about the camera and photography every time out and i keep my mistakes to remind me I still know nothing!!!!!!!
Jwilmot is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum »

Share this topic: