PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012   #1
Alpaca

ingrid56 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10
Default Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f1.4D and 20-35mm f2.8D

Just a quick question! I have these two lenses in mint condition. Tried to sell them, almost got scammed. What would be the best place to sell my equipment (except for Canon). Any ideas? I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

Ingrid56

Too much equipment to mention. Inherited 48 cameras and more lenses from the estate of my wedding photographer friend. He worked till the day he died at 81. I was lucky enough to visit with him and his wife the day before he passed...

Old 04-14-2012   #2
Llama

nasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 197661
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f1.4D and 20-35mm f2.8D

I personally might be interested in some of it.
Otherwise it can be a lot of work to sell that much stuff. I work for a retailer that buys used gear and something like that is always the easiest option, but you get about 50 cents on the dollar.
Ebay is good, but you can't use the buy it now option, and you still have to watch for scams. Craigslist is another good option, but you have to meet with people frequently when you are selling so much.
Old 04-14-2012   #3
Alpaca

ingrid56 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

I've got Nikkormat El (1), Nikon F2 (4), misc. lenses including the 20-35 and 85, Olympus OM glass, Mamiya m645 (2), Mamiya AE Finders (2), WL Finders (2), Mamiya 45mm, 55mm, 80mm and 150mm lenses, Koni Omega Rapid w/90mm (2), 58mm and 60mm lenses, 2 wide angle viewfinders, extra backs, Rapid Omega 100 w/90mm (2), extra backs. Kowa 150mm lens, 120/220 backs (2), Polaroid back, AE Finders (2), 45 and 90 degree prism finders, focusing screens (3). Olympus OM cameras, Konica FT-1, TC and TC4, Mamiya SLR, Pentax SLR, Konica Auto S3

Let me know what you might be interested in and I'll provide pictures.

Thanks for looking and advice.

Ingrid
ingrid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #4
Alpaca

sgav8r will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 51

fredmiranda.com
sgav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1079883
Editing OK?: No

You could sell the items here in PhotoCamel's Marketplace, once you've established yourself as a member with 20 posts.
Old 04-16-2012   #6
Llama

nasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Ingrid, you weren't kidding that is quite the collection. I might be interested in the koni-omega setup, as well as maybe the mamiya 645 stuff. I need to look into it a little more.
I just recently shot a mamiya 6x7 rangefider like the koni-omega, but that one is super expensive, so not something I could actually buy right now.
Old 04-16-2012   #7
Llama

Ingrid, you weren't kidding that is quite the collection. I might be interested in the koni-omega setup, as well as maybe the mamiya 645 stuff. I need to look into it a little more.
I just recently shot a mamiya 6x7 rangefider like the koni-omega, but that one is super expensive, so not something I could actually buy right now.

nasoj21 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum »

Share this topic: