PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012   #21
Photocamel Master

trapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 34435
Default Re: D700 where to get, other then ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryph View Post
In a few weeks I shall place my 2 D700s up for sale.
What are you planning on buying to replace them?
trapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #22
F1 Camel

jerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 70588
Editing OK?: No

Nothing much, likely one or two copies of a D4... lol

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #23
Photocamel Master

trapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryph View Post
Nothing much, likely one or two copies of a D4... lol
Very nice! Supposed to be a great piece of gear! What's the availability of a D4? Not that I'm thinking of buying one...my newest D3s is less than a year old! (I'll just have to suffer with old technology, I guess!)
Old 02-09-2012   #24
Guanaco

km6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to beholdkm6xz is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 3810

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmH View Post
Nikon Rumors. com is a less than reliable source of information.

Nikon Rumors reported the D90 as officially discontinued back in May 2011, Nikon D90 is now officially discontinued | Nikon Rumors

But the D90 still there on Nikon USA's web site. So are the D700 and D300s.

Nikon D700 & D300s are now officially discontinued | Nikon Rumors
There is a difference between being discontinued and being withdrawn for sale.
There are still D90s in stock but they have not been made for a long time. They have been discontinued and they are available some places.
Same with the D300s and D700 which are not using valuable production facilities that are needed for cranking out much needed stock levels of D800's and D7000's
Old 02-09-2012   #25
F1 Camel

jerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 70588

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapman View Post
Very nice! Supposed to be a great piece of gear! What's the availability of a D4? Not that I'm thinking of buying one...my newest D3s is less than a year old! (I'll just have to suffer with old technology, I guess!)
Shipping starts end of February, I expect mine by around mid-March give or take a week.

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #26
Vicuna

24X36 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 19

Nikon outlet has refurbished D700s (think like new, thoroughly tested) in the "Nikon outlet." They're still at the $2,400+ price point, but you know what you're getting (as in pretty much good as new, and in some ways maybe better, i.e., they make sure it's right so they don't get it back again).

BTW, the D700 is discontinued in Japan, as it must be due to the new battery laws, but it supposedly is not discontinued for sale in other parts of the world, and will, again, supposedly continue to be produced. I suspect, however, that with D800 and D4 production ramping up in Sendai, that they'll be in short supply for the foreseeable future.

BTW, don't buy another D7000, we don't want to see you put yourself through that pain again.
24X36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #27
Photocamel Master

Buy new stock while it's there! D700, D3x or D3s! The D800 is NOT a great sports camera! It's a higher resolution general purpose camera! If you "feel the need for speed", then buy a D700/MBD10 combo, or D3s...and save yourself a wheelbarrow full of cash over a D4! Get 'em while there still available! When they're gone, they're gone!
Refurbished to me...is either a camera that had issues when bought new, and was returned or exchanged and reboxed and sold by any number of unscrupulous (or not) dealers...or was actually looked at by a trained Nikon tech! Not willing to take that chance! I buy new, and have NEVER had an issue, whether real or perceived, with a "pro" Nikon product...body or lens! Knock on wood!
Old 02-16-2012   #28
Camel Breath

Douglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 493015
Editing OK?: Yes

The funds I expected to purchase the camera with fell through, so its moot for now.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #29
Llama

nohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornohoneythatsnotanewlens strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1017656
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Oh, I dont have the money this week anyway. Wont until next week. Hopefully I can scoop up a good deal. Ive actually had second thoughts about a D700. Only 1 reason why, though. The card. IVe got a bunch of SD cards and it takes CF cards. If I got a D7k, Im using the same cards. (and it is already cheaper then a D700). But the whole thing is all up in the air at this point.
It seems silly to base a $2,000.00+ purchase on not wanting to spend $50.00 on new cards. (I just bought 3 8gb cards for $46.00) Got them on ebay which is where I got my D700, every one of my lenses, my SB-800, my vertical grip, camera bag, my D70, 3 D70s for my kids, the motor for my boat, the laptop I'm typing on, my 55" flatscreen, tell me when to stop. Most major camera retailers have ebay stores and there is no reason not to use them.

I paid under $2,200.00 brand new last Jan., a quick ebay search does not find them for that price right not but if you're patient, you'll find a deal on one.

Rick

https://www.facebook.com/ricksweetenimages

D700 / D200 / D70
Nikkor FX: 16mm 2.8 Fisheye / 28-85 / 24-120 / 50mm 1.8 / 85 1.8 / 80-200 2.8D / 28-300 VR / 300mm F4
Nikkor DX: 28-135 /
18-70
Tamron: 28-300 & 200-400

SB800 / Metz 76 MZ-5.

Matt. 16:26

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
nohoneythatsnotanewlens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #30
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohoneythatsnotanewlens View Post
I paid under $2,200.00 brand new last Jan., a quick ebay search does not find them for that price right not but if you're patient, you'll find a deal on one.
Rick
From what supplier, if I can ask? Prices for D700's were peaking in January! Hope you didn't order from some Hong Kong site! They're cheap, but unreliable...and Nikon USA won't touch them, as far as service! But you're a Camel , and you've read the caveats! So...good deal! You got a great camera at a great price!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon Forum »

Share this topic: