PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2006   #1
Alpaca

Lowa2 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10
Default Yashikor Lenses

I found two lenses, a Yasjikor Aux Wide angle and telephoto lenses at a Local Flea market for 5$. They screw on a 55mm thread, and rate onto my fugi s5200.

Has anyone ever heard of these lenses? And what kind of quality are they? I got them for 5$ for both

Thanks

Old 05-30-2006   #2
Camel Breath

JDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2120136
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Yashikor Lenses

Good deal, for sure. Never heard of them. I'd be willing to bet you'd get more for them on eBay, though, if you decide they're not for you.
JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #3
Alpaca

Lowa2 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Took this picture really quick of a dandylion. Looks to be extremely clear Glass.

Thanks.

Lowa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #4
Vicuna

tonymp is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 15
Editing OK?: Ask first

Without seeing them, they sure sound like the were made by Yashica - they made some excellent quality TLR's which used Yashikor and Yashinon lenses.
They will be good quality if made by Yashica, but they obviously weren't made specifically for the TLR's as they would have had a bayonet fitting! Possibly for one of their rangefinders.
Regards...
Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDArt
Good deal, for sure. Never heard of them. I'd be willing to bet you'd get more for them on eBay, though, if you decide they're not for you.
tonymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007   #5
Llama

dougjgreen is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 41

They are add-on lenses designed for the Yashica Electro-35 GS or GSN. One is a slight wide angle, and the other is a slight telephoto. The base lens on the Electro 35 is a 45mm f1.7 Yashinon. With the wide add-on, it becomes a 35mm wide, and with the tele, it becomes around a 70mm tele. They are not all that useful without the auxiliary viewfinders that should come with the set. If the set came with the accessory viewfinders, the set would command something like $35-50 on ebay. They are not exactly renowned for their quality. But it looks like at least one of them (I would assume, the telephoto) can make a quite useful close-up lens on your Fuji - so you might as well use it for that purpose.

Yashica also made similar accessory lenses for their TLRs, but as was previously mentioned, those lenses come with a bayonet mount to mount onto the front of their TLR lenses.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: