PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011   #11
Bactrian

Canonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to beholdCanonian is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4363
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Macro Critique thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrikjbp View Post
Hi guys. I took the photo with a Nikon D40 with 18-55mm lens. Exposure time1/2000 sec, iso 200 vocal length 40mm.

Was trying to get a silhouette of the flower. but I think it came out ok.
I love the different perspective of this photo

Adobe Design Premium CS5, EOS50D, EOS 5D MkII, iPhone4, Canon G12
Canonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #12
Camel Breath

LordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 23863609

Came out well - like the angle. I just find the slightly blown areas a bit eye catching.
Brian v.
LordV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #13
Alpaca

Shinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really nice
CamelKarma: 545

I would love to get some feedback on this image:

90 mm, f/8, 1/250s, fill flash, ISO 400

Thanks in advance!

..Toni
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Butterfly-Macro-101.jpg (86.2 KB, 136 views)
Shinydewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #14
Camel Breath

LordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLordV strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Lovely closeup of the butterfly. Focus and looks good. I do find the patterned glass it's sitting on a bit distracting though and I suspect the brightness of the light there has given some underexposure on the butterfly
Brian v.
Old 06-21-2011   #15
Alpaca

Shinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really niceShinydewdrop is just really nice
CamelKarma: 545

Thanks a lot for the feedback, Brian. I agree with you about the distracting light and this was taken at a butterfly conservatory with a few hundred people milling around, so not many chances of getting close to a butterfly. I'll keep the perch in mind for the future.
Shinydewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011   #16
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinydewdrop View Post
Thanks a lot for the feedback, Brian. I agree with you about the distracting light and this was taken at a butterfly conservatory with a few hundred people milling around, so not many chances of getting close to a butterfly. I'll keep the perch in mind for the future.
Agree - with macro you can't always get the shot you would prefer.
Brian v.
Old 09-05-2011   #17
Guanaco

rainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1403
Editing OK?: No

Very nice and different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrikjbp View Post
Hi guys. I took the photo with a Nikon D40 with 18-55mm lens. Exposure time1/2000 sec, iso 200 vocal length 40mm.

Was trying to get a silhouette of the flower. but I think it came out ok.
rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #18
Guanaco

rainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of lightrainer is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1403
Editing OK?: No

The Feelers I feel for Me should be within the frame. It looks cut off to Me. Nothing much wrong with the rest of it that Lightroom won't fix. Nice work
Here is a Sample of my Photo taken a month ago.
rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #19
Alpaca

oldcanon is just really niceoldcanon is just really niceoldcanon is just really niceoldcanon is just really niceoldcanon is just really niceoldcanon is just really nice
CamelKarma: 619

I'm new to Photocamel but felt it was time I put some of my macro work up and got some feedback. This is the type of shot I enjoy most as it needs an understanding of the "bugs" behaviour + the ability to spot the moment. The "Added value" in this shot for me was both the wing movement on the Hoverfly + the Aphid on the edge of the rose.

Shot using a canon 100 LIS macro on my 7D lit using a sigma ringflash

What do you think?

oldcanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #20
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcanon View Post
I'm new to Photocamel but felt it was time I put some of my macro work up and got some feedback. This is the type of shot I enjoy most as it needs an understanding of the "bugs" behaviour + the ability to spot the moment. The "Added value" in this shot for me was both the wing movement on the Hoverfly + the Aphid on the edge of the rose.

Shot using a canon 100 LIS macro on my 7D lit using a sigma ringflash

What do you think?
Whoops - missed this

Always difficult to get a bug in flight shot and this came out very well. The main negative for me is the OOF rose petal which rather dominates the right of the photo.
Brian v.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up »

Share this topic: