Continuous LEDs
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6967624
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Continuous LEDs

Anyone using continuous LED's to light the subject.... whatever the subject is? If so, what are using, what is the subject, what is your experience in doing so....?

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1461679
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Continuous LEDs

A lot of my GTCU subjects have been lit with a residential pole light initially intended for a trio of incandescent 60-watt incandescent bulbs but now contains a mix of LED and CFL lamps. The output quantity isn't anything all that great but it works well enough for what I use it for. I must do a custom white balance, but it works well enough in that respect too. If the white balance were more critical, I could change out the CFLs for LEDs, the latter of which do not have a line spectrum component as fluorescent lights, including CFLs, do.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 416203
Editing OK?: Yes

I am seriously considering building my own LED Light bank. It's crazy how expensive the LED panels are
Old 02-18-2018   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6717728
Editing OK?: No

I have two LED lights that I use. I use them both primarily for shooting flowers indoors, although I intend to try them outdoors next Spring, when the weather is warmer and there are flowers above the ground.

1. The GiSTEQ Flashmate LED Video Light - this works quite well and is quite adjustable. They are designed so that two or more can be combined to provide a much larger light.

The model that I have, the 198C is no longer available and appears to have been replaced by the F2600 - https://www.facebook.com/QiSTEQ/

2. The Aputure Amaran HC100 LED Ring Flash - it operates as a ring flash and also as an adjustable constant source of light. I find the adjustment of the "constant" source of light to be very poor and I really do not rely on it for any of its adjustments, so it makes a good source of full light and is okay as a full flash, except the adjustments are poor. You can operate it with either the left or right half of the ring working, so it is adjustable in that sense. It comes with a series of rings that allow you to fit it to lenses with different front diameters, or it can be used as a flash on the top of a camera. It can also be used in standalone mode on a light stand. It is also quite cheap, so it would make a good flash for someone just starting out in photography as they would not have to spend the hundreds of dollars for the "brand" name traditional flashes.

Information is here - https://blog.banggood.com/aputure-am...duo-24316.html .

My only real advice would be to make sure that it will do what you need it to do before you purchase at a reasonable price, of course.

Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: