PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Lighting and Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012   #1
KmH
F1 Camel

KmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6932
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Pocket Wizard Plus III - NEW

New Pocket Wizard Plus III - PocketWizard® - Remote flash and camera triggers for professional and advanced amateur photographers

PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver 801-130 B&H Photo Video

"If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always gotten."
KmH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #2
Photocamel Master

trapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 34435
Default Re: Pocket Wizard Plus III - NEW

They look really good!
I've got a slew of PW II's.
Not sure I'll switch.
trapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #3
Photocamel Master

Brooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2530074

I also have a bunch of PW II's. No reason for me to switch.

Every single camera and all of the lenses that I've ever owned.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #4
Camel Breath

Steven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 995704

The price on B&H for the III's appears to be $30 less than the II's. I've got use (that's just short of "need") some additional triggers. I don't know if I should wait to see if the used market for the older ones goes down or buy the new ones. I've got the feeling the price for the III's is introductory.

I read elsewhere that the new units are going like hotcakes at WPPI.

Steve

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #5
Guanaco

Handoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud ofHandoogies has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 9997

From what I understand it is still not good with speedlights, as it wont convey ETTL to flex units unlike the mini.
Handoogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #6
Camel Breath

Steven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 995704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handoogies View Post
From what I understand it is still not good with speedlights, as it wont convey ETTL to flex units unlike the mini.
That's right it's more like the Multi-Max units but not TTL compatible.

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #7
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1089007
Editing OK?: No

These look so cool, but I have original Plus and MultiMAX units coming out of my ears.

If I didn't have all the Plus units I'd have gotten a few of these for sure.
Old 02-23-2012   #8
Photocamel Master

trapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond reputetrapman has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 34435

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
These look so cool, but I have original Plus and MultiMAX units coming out of my ears.

If I didn't have all the Plus units I'd have gotten a few of these for sure.
Depends on your venue! And the the co-op with your fellow photogs!
Some will stay with the same channnels 1-4! Others will "jam"! Some willl say "buy MultiMax...to buy the extra channels!
trapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #9
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1089007

I use the MultiMAX exclusively for those situations; I use the ability to lag remote cameras, which even the new Plus III units lack.

My numerous Plus units were all purchased used, and live with my lights; that way, they're always ready to go, and I don't have to knock around my MultiMAX units if I'm shooting a plate of food, portrait, etc.
Old 02-24-2012   #10
F1 Camel

jerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nicejerryph is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 80660

They do look nice, but I am good as well. I have 5 FlexTT5, 2 MiniTT1 and 5 Plus II's. That's more than enough for my needs presently. If that changes, the Plus III's are the logical choice.

- Zack Arias

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Lighting and Technique »

Share this topic: