PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Lighting and Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011   #11
Llama

nasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 197661
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: lighting furniture

Thanks Ed, I will try to get my over head light back further. Currently it is bouncing out of that umbrella then through the canopy, but I also own a 36" octabox, do you think that would be softer than the way I am shooing right now?
I thought about building a floor out of white plexi, but the price is crazy. A 4'x8' sheet of clear 1" thick plexi is between $700-1000 and I would want two in order to make a 8'x8' floor.
I looked into it and decided on clear after someone pointed me a Chase Jarvis video where he makes a floor that he can shoot through or light through.
Chase Jarvis SHORTS: Ground Control | Chase Jarvis Blog
Old 11-12-2011   #12
Llama

Don Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDon Kondra strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1777251
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: lighting furniture

I don't use speedlites but for your purposes have you thought about using velcro, etc. to attach them to the underside of the couch ?

Two should do the trick

And you could probably get away with up to 1/2" spacers under the legs.

Cheers, Don

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Lighting and Technique »

Share this topic: