Cloudscapes
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018   #1
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1461679
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Cloudscapes

Landscapes with a difference: shot from a height of 40,000 feet (36,000 m) more or less, on a trip from Boston to Denver. A bit higher than your usual aerial drone shot. Most of these have been contrast enhanced with a bit of independent linear histogram manipulation of each of the three primary colors. Didn't play with gamma or curves. Times in the EXIF header are Pacific Daylight Time.

Image #1
I2556rs.jpg

Image #2
I2557rs.jpg

Image #3
I2563rs.jpg

Image #4
I2571rs.jpg

Image #5
I2575rs.jpg

Image #6This was shot as the plane was descending toward Denver. Note the heavenly "God rays" as a result of the sun's being rather low in the sky.
I2579rs.jpg

Old 06-11-2018   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1461679
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Cloudscapes

Six more, but these are night photos, taken after a 2-hour layover in Denver. At this point, the sun has gone down completely and it is full-on night. Some were shot at ISO 12800.

Image #1
I2589rs.jpg

Image #2
I2597rs.jpg

Image #3
I2602rs.jpg

Image #4
I2603rs.jpg

Image #5
I2618rs.jpg

Image #6
This is the only one where I am anything like sure where I was when I shot the picture, in this case, the western edge of Dublin, California. Laid out in more or less conventional map orientation, with north at the top of the image. The very faint line of dots horizontally across the center of the image are individual cars on Interstate 580 and the somewhat brighter ones veering off to the bottom right are probably on Dublin County Road or Foothill Road. The edge of the city itself can be seen at the right. Each of the fuzzy bluish dots at right toward the bottom is an area of a parking lot lit by a mercury vapor light.
I2621rFs.jpg
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Cloudscapes

for one reason or another i can never seem to get a window seat. you made good use of your position. especially like the cloud photos.

Enjoying the sea and sun in Miami

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Landscape & Travel »

Share this topic: