PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (http://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Landscape & Travel (http://photocamel.com/forum/landscape-travel/)
-   -   Flagler Beach Scene (http://photocamel.com/forum/landscape-travel/229327-flagler-beach-scene.html)

franktp 03-18-2017 08:37 AM

Flagler Beach Scene

1 Attachment(s)
Just before storm rolled in, dodging raindrops. Flagler Beach, Florida.

D7100, f/11 at 1/100 sec, ISO 100 15mm

Mr. Pickles 03-18-2017 09:29 AM

Re: Flagler Beach Scene

Good old Flagler Beach.... is it cool? JAHarris been trying to con me in to coming down and shooting the place but I think he just wants me to buy him a coffee and then ditch me on the beach some where. :-)

jaharris1001 03-18-2017 09:30 AM

nice work Frank,, sorry I missed you when you were up there !! I was up there and got my camera wet, it stopped working for a period of time which put me in a FUNK !! I did see some other photographers out there but I couldn't tell if any were you and again I was irritated with what I'd done to my camera,, it HAS since come back to full function and hopefully it
ll stay that way,, I hope you had a great time while here !! those clouds look beautiful, I know it wasn't taken on the day I was there as it was somewhat less then inspiring :)

jaharris1001 03-18-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles (Post 2345481)
Good old Flagler Beach.... is it cool? JAHarris been trying to con me in to coming down and shooting the place but I think he just wants me to buy him a coffee and then ditch me on the beach some where. :-)

;D ;D ;D one of these days my friend !! if you make it down this way :) :afro:

franktp 03-18-2017 09:44 AM

I love the place, how it changes from year to year when I go there.

franktp 03-18-2017 09:50 AM

Jim, I was there Sunday AM March 12 and early PM the next day. Sunday, there were a few shooters out on the beach, A guy there told me there was supposed to b a shoot called Angels on the beach that day, but the weather stopped it.Sunday I was at Marineland, a hundred yards or so up the beach from the stairs. took some shots, working on them now. Went to Washington Oaks, was bummed by the destruction of those dunes from the hurricane.

Erich1B 03-20-2017 10:58 PM

Just be sure to meet up with Jim at the beach first, then lunch and coffee afterwards. I met up with Jim at Flagler a few years back. Jim is a first class host and was a very cool guy to hang out with. A very knowledgeable photographer, and well versed in post-production editing. Down to earth and happy to share his knowledge. You wouldn't be disappointed with the trip.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles (Post 2345481)

jaharris1001 03-21-2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erich1B (Post 2345821)
Just be sure to meet up with Jim at the beach first, then lunch and coffee afterwards. I met up with Jim at Flagler a few years back. Jim is a first class host and was a very cool guy to hang out with. A very knowledgeable photographer, and well versed in post-production editing. Down to earth and happy to share his knowledge. You wouldn't be disappointed with the trip.

Erich that is very kind of you to say !! I very much enjoyed meeting you over there and hope to do it again someday !! :afro: