lost exif test
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Just Testing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 1012912
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default lost exif test

exif test run

jpg direct from camera
DSC_1886.jpg

jpg after running nef file through nikon captureDSC_1886 after nef and ppp.jpg

Old 12-11-2017   #2
Llama

Default Re: lost exif test

exif test direct from camera resized to post.jpg
Promapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1460023
Editing OK?: Ask First

I don't know whether you use the "Save for Web' feature, but that strips the EXIF header from the saved copy. None of these images has a proper EXIF header, but the reduced version has a stub. I know that it is possible to attach images with intact EXIF headers. My most recent such attachment appears in post #6 of this thread.

And, for whatever it's worth, the strait version of this image looks a lot better than the image from Nikon Capture, the latter of which looks dark, flat, and lifeless with no real whites. The small version looks much like the SOOC version but smaller.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017   #4
Llama

I agree with no whites from the nikon raw program. I wasn't too concerned about the image quality so it more than likely applied the last setting I used whatever that was.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Just Testing »

Share this topic: