Spring storm in farm country
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Infrared

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 6613765
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Spring storm in farm country

One of the weather situations that develop in the Spring on the Prairies are the afternoon storms. You can wake up in the morning to a perfectly blue sky with, maybe some scattered clouds and by noon, the sky is more clouds than blue sky. By mid-afternoon, the atmospheric conditions can create small rain storms, some of which can be very intense.As the weather gets warmer in June, July and August, these storm are often accompanied by thunder, lightning and hail. The really bad ones can spawn a tornado.

This picture was shot in farm country north of the city,

This is a black and white conversion of a 590nm infrared image taken with my Canon 5D III and a 24-105 lens. Processing was in Lightroom and Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2.

As usual comments and questions are welcome.

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 52911230
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Spring storm in farm country

Yes, those summer storms can be impressive. What software did you use to make the conversion?

Chuck
fatoldbaldguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017   #3
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 6613765
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Spring storm in farm country

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoldbaldguy View Post
Yes, those summer storms can be impressive. What software did you use to make the conversion?

Chuck
Thanks Chuck. I used Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2 for the conversion to Black and White.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Infrared »

Share this topic: