Original RAW file changes saved with Adobe Camera Raw when save as JPEG
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 46
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Original RAW file changes saved with Adobe Camera Raw when save as JPEG

I see this result:

Step-1): Open my .CR2 RAW File in Adobe Camera Raw 5.0.
Step-2). Make some adjustments to Exposure, Brightness, etc and click on Save Image button at bottom left, Choose JPEG format and save it as a JPEG file in the same location.

Noticed that the changes are saved to the original RAW file too. Instead I want to have the same settings As Shot to the .CR2, but only the JPEG file should have the adjustments made. Any help appreciated.

stealers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 4436684
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Original RAW file changes saved with Adobe Camera Raw when save as JPEG

After clicking save in the camera raw dialogue just ALT Click on the Cancel button

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/
craftysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Original RAW file changes saved with Adobe Camera Raw when save as JPEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealers View Post
Noticed that the changes are saved to the original RAW file too. Instead I want to have the same settings As Shot to the .CR2, but only the JPEG file should have the adjustments made. Any help appreciated.
There are no changes made to the actual raw file data. The changes are written as exif data to an xmp file. These changes can easily be reversed and the raw file restored to the "as shot" condition.

In Bridge select: Edit > Develop Settings > Clear Settings
Old 06-05-2009   #4
KmH

CamelKarma:

Just a heads up. Current release level of ACR is 5.3.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: