"Spyder 2 Pro" or "eyeone Display 2" - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007   #11
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 233
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: "Spyder 2 Pro" or "eyeone Display 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by visagephoto View Post
Also what's the best method of ensuring that prints from my pro lab match my monitor? trial & error using test prints or should I request a printer profile from the lab?

Thanks

Alan
Get the profile from the printer if you can and soft proof the image. Don't assign that profile to your image and don't convert your image to that profile.

Depending on the version of PS you're using, soft proofing is quite accurate. Go to the View menu, choose Proof Setup, choose Custom... and find the profile the lab sent you. Turn on Simulate Black Ink and Paper White and that's what your print will look like.

It takes some getting used to to really be able to see it.

It's not unusual to have to make some adjustments to the image for a specific printer. I do those on adjustment layers and group them into a folder for a specific printer.

tomrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #12
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 233

PS -- to answer your original question, I use the i1Color system.

tomrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 194

I prefer working in near darkness, i.e. ,5lux. Try a lighted keyboard or a small keyboard light.

Tom
Tom Swaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #14
Llama

CamelKarma: 104162

OK people, is this product a good choice for calibration [both monitors and printers]?

PrintFIX PRO™ Suite 2.0 - ColorVision > Because Color Matters
Old 09-14-2007   #15
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

It's an entry level unit, so its a start, certainly better than a visual tool. The next step up is an XRite, which is what many pros use, but is 10X the price. There is a $100 rebate for the Colorvision going on right now.

jfrancho is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: