RAW or JPEG (again!)
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 3418
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default RAW or JPEG (again!)

I may be in the wrong section, or I may have got it all wrong! Feel free to correct me! As I understand it, the main advantage to shooting RAW, is that white balance and exposure can be corrected at a later stage. I shoot in a studio, where the flash is daylight balanced, and I use a flashmeter for exposure (if you can't get exposure right in a studio with total control then there is something badly wrong!). Under these circumstances, what advantage do I have shooting RAW? Am I not better off shooting JPEGs and get more shots on a card??

Old 08-10-2007   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: RAW or JPEG (again!)

Most of this has already been discussed here: http://www.photocamel.com/forum/imag...-question.html

Closed Thread

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: