RAW or JPEG (again!)
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 3418
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default RAW or JPEG (again!)

I may be in the wrong section, or I may have got it all wrong! Feel free to correct me! As I understand it, the main advantage to shooting RAW, is that white balance and exposure can be corrected at a later stage. I shoot in a studio, where the flash is daylight balanced, and I use a flashmeter for exposure (if you can't get exposure right in a studio with total control then there is something badly wrong!). Under these circumstances, what advantage do I have shooting RAW? Am I not better off shooting JPEGs and get more shots on a card??

Old 08-10-2007   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: RAW or JPEG (again!)

Most of this has already been discussed here: http://www.photocamel.com/forum/imag...-question.html

Closed Thread

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: