display smoothing hides noise
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 1012912
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default display smoothing hides noise

I am working in PS CC and I have edited a couple of shots. I believe on one of the shots I over sharpened but it was not noticeable in photoshop but when I viewed it in "faststone image viewer" the one I over sharpened showed up with a great amount of noise.

I looked through the settings on Image viewer and found a check box called "smooth". If I checked that box the image looked great. no noise but with it unchecked lots of noise.

Net result I don't really know how my edits will look to a plain jane viewer with no smoothing routine.

I looked for something similar in PS but was not able to find it. I would like to turn off smoothing for the PS display

Help would be appreciated..Thanks

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: display smoothing hides noise

Movavi has a special software for it actually. It is called Photo DeNoise https://www.movavi.com/noise-reduction-software/. Works amazing. If you need a bit more tools in a photo software you can use their photo editor.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: