Adobe... Cares.....?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6963012
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Post Adobe... Cares.....?

Adobe seems like they care and probably has something to do with other image editing packages improving and stealing market share, but they realize that their Lightroom performance can be improved, which is pretty bold for Adobe to come out and admit it. And you can apparently help them a bit. This is what they have said....

I would like to address concerns recently voiced by our community of customers around Lightroom performance, as improving performance is our current top priority.

We have a history, starting with our first public beta, of working with our customers to address workflow and feature needs, and we’d like to take that same approach regarding your performance concerns. We already understand many of the current pain points around GPU, import performance, certain editing tasks and review workflows and are investing heavily in improving those areas.

Over the past year we’ve added numerous enhancements to address your performance concerns but we understand we will have a lot of work to do to meet your expectations.

If you have feedback or would like to work with the Lightroom team on your most pressing issues, please fill out.
this survey.

Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1396242
Default Re: Adobe... Cares.....?

Perhaps Adobe learned from the defection of Apple over its excessive fees and intrusive licensing conditions for using PostScript that the market will not tolerate only limited arrogance from its suppliers. To this day, I still don't trust Adobe and don't use Lightroom or Photoshop, especially after it went to a subscription model. I also kicked Flash off my system several years ago.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Administrator

I wouldn't say I don't trust them, but I'm wary and look at options. Still go back to LR and PS, but the need for it has lessoned a bit since ether players are closing the gap, and in some areas increasing the gap over Adobe. Pros and cons to all of it. But, they do need to work on some speed... but I found Luminar to be a bit bogged down for me, and I seem to wait more with it on some tasks.

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 98941

I have given up on Lightroom as a RAW converter, but still use it as a DAM. Most other RAW converters have a similar cataloging feature, but I haven't really given them a run for their money. I'm using Photoshop less and less, but I'd feel naked without it.

Amazon had a "Prime Day" special that caught my eye. Photoshop CS6 for $150. I didn't know Adobe still distributed it. I upgraded to CS 6 just before going to CC, so I didn't need it, but interesting none-the-less. Of all the features I routinely use, content aware fill is probably the most used feature of all the upgrades since about CS3(?), and there are some improvements there between CS6 and current CC.

I'm currently trying On1's raw converter, but have been using DxO for the past couple of versions. "Prime" noise reduction has made my D300's maximum ISO 3200 usable, which is more than I can say about any of the other NR software. I also like DxO's lens correction and perspective control. Brining up shadows is about my only complaint. It's not as easy or good as the adverts say.

I'm just touching on On1s "layer" feature. It looks promising

Competition is good. I'm glad to see other companies giving Adobe a run for their money. Saw an ad for Affinity Photo on Facebook yesterday, and I have to admit it looks tempting as a Photoshop replacement. I may give the free trial a run next time I have some images to work on.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Administrator

Interestingly enough, a lot of folks like the DxO perspective corrections but they don't do anything of the images from my gear, its already done. So that isn't a plus. On1 is good in places, not so good in places. Luminar isn't bad, has some good qualities, can stack "presets/filters", but it is slower.

In the end, nothing is a do all king of the hill software. Got to find the one that works, and you can work with, and go from there. Well, not you, but anyone...

Old 1 Week Ago   #6
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arved View Post
I have given up on Lightroom as a RAW converter, but still use it as a DAM. Most other RAW converters have a similar cataloging feature, but I haven't really given them a run for their money. I'm using Photoshop less and less, but I'd feel naked without it.

Amazon had a "Prime Day" special that caught my eye. Photoshop CS6 for $150. I didn't know Adobe still distributed it. I upgraded to CS 6 just before going to CC, so I didn't need it, but interesting none-the-less. Of all the features I routinely use, content aware fill is probably the most used feature of all the upgrades since about CS3(?), and there are some improvements there between CS6 and current CC.

I'm currently trying On1's raw converter, but have been using DxO for the past couple of versions. "Prime" noise reduction has made my D300's maximum ISO 3200 usable, which is more than I can say about any of the other NR software. I also like DxO's lens correction and perspective control. Brining up shadows is about my only complaint. It's not as easy or good as the adverts say.

I'm just touching on On1s "layer" feature. It looks promising

Competition is good. I'm glad to see other companies giving Adobe a run for their money. Saw an ad for Affinity Photo on Facebook yesterday, and I have to admit it looks tempting as a Photoshop replacement. I may give the free trial a run next time I have some images to work on.
Give Capture One Pro a run. It is expensive but a very nice piece of software. I have been using it for years. Much better than LR.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: