PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013   #1
Vicuna

Gerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 844
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Lightroom4.4 Tutorial on Video

I have Lightroom4.4 but as a novice, I continually get lost using it and I'm sure Iím only getting a small percentage of its capabilities. Can anyone recommend a good Video Tutorial so I can learn it step by step?

Old 10-03-2013   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

Tat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTat2Duck strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6617978
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Lightroom4.4 Tutorial on Video

CreativeLive has a 3 day video workshop by Jared Platt that is fantastic. It's called "The Ultimate Lightroom 4 Workflow". One of the best I have seen out there. It changed my whole understanding of Lightroom for the better. I am further amazed at the power of what LR can do after putting some of Jared's teaching into practice. It's a bit pricey but SO well worth the cost.

http://www.creativelive.com/courses/...ow-jared-platt
Tat2Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #3
F1 Camel

Sailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 226979

Here are some good free tutorials.

Adobe TV - Learn Lightroom 4

Adobe TV - Optimize performance | Lightroom

Adobe - Photoshop Lightroom 4 Keyboard Shortcuts

Matt Kloskowski - No Time To Get Organized in Lightroom? Then Don’t! | Lightroom Killer Tips

B&H - Tim Cooper - Adobe Lightroom: The Library Module, Order from Chaos - YouTube

B&H - Tim Grey - Organizing Photos with Adobe Lightroom - YouTube

Scott Kelby Guest Blog - Seth Resnick - Lightroom Keywording in the Library Module

Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Nissin Di866, Electra CLASSIC Plus studio strobes & modifiers
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter, Yongnuo RF-602 Transmitters & Receivers
Dell 20" 2001F (1200x1800) IPS monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 23" F2380 (1920x1280) PVA monitor, Datacolor Spyder3Elite for monitor calibration
Sailor Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #4
Vicuna

Gerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of lightGerry908 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to both Duck and Don for the info.

Naturally, I'll try the free Tutorials first to see if that's all I need and if not, I'll have to consider the paid version.

The imbedded videos Don don't have any sound to them.

Thanks again to both of you for taking the time to reply

Gerry
Gerry908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #5
F1 Camel

Sailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 226979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry908 View Post
Thanks to both Duck and Don for the info.

Naturally, I'll try the free Tutorials first to see if that's all I need and if not, I'll have to consider the paid version.

The imbedded videos Don don't have any sound to them.

Thanks again to both of you for taking the time to reply

Gerry
Yes, they all have sound. Something must be wrong with your computer setup or browser if you don't get sound.

Try copying the YouTube link for any of the embedded videos, open a new tab, and paste the link into that tab. That should give you a direct YouTube connection for the video. That might solve the problem if it is a browser problem.

You can record the YouTube videos for viewing again or on a TV by using the Video DownloadHelper add-on to Firefox. This won't work for the videos from Adobe but you can record them with a commercial program like Replay Media Catcher.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er/?src=search

Replay Media Catcher: Video and MP3 Downloader

Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Nissin Di866, Electra CLASSIC Plus studio strobes & modifiers
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter, Yongnuo RF-602 Transmitters & Receivers
Dell 20" 2001F (1200x1800) IPS monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 23" F2380 (1920x1280) PVA monitor, Datacolor Spyder3Elite for monitor calibration
Sailor Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #6
Photocamel Master

mitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 38034038

Thanks for these Don.Much Appreciated.
mitch9492 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #7
Photocamel Master

mitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormitch9492 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 38034038

Thanks for these Don.Much Appreciated.
mitch9492 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #8
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Blue View Post
Yes, they all have sound. Something must be wrong with your computer setup or browser if you don't get sound.

Try copying the YouTube link for any of the embedded videos, open a new tab, and paste the link into that tab. That should give you a direct YouTube connection for the video. That might solve the problem if it is a browser problem.

You can record the YouTube videos for viewing again or on a TV by using the Video DownloadHelper add-on to Firefox. This won't work for the videos from Adobe but you can record them with a commercial program like Replay Media Catcher.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er/?src=search

Replay Media Catcher: Video and MP3 Downloader
Yes there is sound. On the sound icon there was an X but when I put the pointer over it, all I had to do was pull the slider up for to get and increase the sound.

Thanks for those invaluable videos and also the links

Gerry

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: