PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011   #1
Vicuna

Sean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 23867
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Need Input

So I've been trying to come up with a logo rather than just typing my name in each photo. I wanted something simple and this is just a quick one I came up with (ignore the horrible editing)...what is everyone's opinion on the logo I created (I'm still new at this)

Old 12-07-2011   #2
Camel Breath

Steven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 995836
Default Re: Need Input

A signature or "mark" that's easy to drop onto an image is an inviting idea. I think I'd leave off the lens face. In some sizes, it won't be recognized. It looks quite a bit like a white wall tire as it is.

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #3
Vicuna

Sean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant futureSean_Anderson has a brilliant future

I thought about that..trying to come up with another image...the pic is a little discolored b/c it originally had a white background
Sean_Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #4
F1 Camel

Sailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSailor Blue strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 226979

If you create your logo on a transparent background you can save it as a PSD file and retain the transparent background.

I did one for myself in black then inverted it so I have the same logo in either black or white.

Place the logo on a separate layer and adjust the Opacity to suit yourself.

Canon 7D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Nissin Di866, Electra CLASSIC Plus studio strobes & modifiers
Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter, Yongnuo RF-602 Transmitters & Receivers
Dell 20" 2001F (1200x1800) IPS monitor, Samsung SyncMaster 23" F2380 (1920x1280) PVA monitor, Datacolor Spyder3Elite for monitor calibration
Sailor Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #5
KmH

Some logo design basics are:

Must be a vector graphics file for scalability without pixelating (Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape)
Must work in B&W as well as in color
Must instantly and unambiguiously convey your brand to non-photographers.

So I too would recommend loosing the lens. As it is your name hangs way out on the right side of the lens making the logo unbalanced.

Logo design is so critical it really should be left to a professional logo designer.

How To Design A Logo
Old 12-08-2011   #6
Vicuna

Thanks for the input guys...I'll check out that website...I created this in about 20 min waiting for my ethics class to start last night...just a trial run
Old 12-10-2011   #7
Vicuna

ok decided to go with something more simple and I think it's 1000x better...input?

Old 12-13-2011   #8
Dromedary

Foothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFoothill Fotog strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 285873

Yeah, much better.

I like to "sign" my posted pics kind of like most old time painters did with a small signature placed in a out of the way corner. I've made a couple Photoshop actions that quickly applies my text screen name depending in what forum I'm posting in. My goal is just to make it "mine" in a small way.

For some though trying to protect their work is important so their overlay is big and goes right in the middle to make editing it out very difficult. And, for others advertising makes size and qualities of the logo display very important. I think thoughts ought to be given to your goals for all varieties of images you output. A wall display print will probably be much different than a sample shown on the internet. Anyway work that stuff out along with the "feel" the typeface portrays.

By the way I like your "lasses and ladies" group shot. I'm not sure if I should criticize the paper towel roll as being out of place or praise it for maybe being used as a artistic human element or maybe just as a sorta inside joke ... ? Anyway it's an image I'm sure will save good memories for at least a few family generations.

Mark
Old 12-13-2011   #9
Vicuna

Thanks Mark..the paper towel roll was more of my wife telling me to get a group shot of all the girls, and my daughter just happened to be holding it

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: