PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011   #1
F1 Camel

Tony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorTony strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 349470
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Profiles and PSCS5 Question

Hi

I hope someone can help me I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and PSCS5.

I downloaded the new printer profiles for the lab that I use to print some of my photos I installed them but when I am in PSCS5 I click on "View", Proof Setup both the old and new profiles are there my question is how do I get rid of the old profiles? I have deleted them from the folder but the old profiles are still listed there in the Proof Setup.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Frogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFrogstar strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 30369635
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Profiles and PSCS5 Question

I think PSCS5 can only see them if they are there. Try doing a search for the file name in windows explorer and deleting all it finds

My flickr site

My Galleries

Bird Life List 948
Bird Photographed Life List 709

Canon 7D, 50D, 500L F4.0, 100-400L, 1.4 Extender, Speedlite 430EXII
Frogstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #3
Vicuna

Anton2wheels has a spectacular aura aboutAnton2wheels has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 190
Editing OK?: Yes

You might find this thread useful.

Adobe Forums: Delete Monitor Profile in Photoshop CS5

Thanks for mentioning the View > Proof Setup in PS. I was about to post a problem where two jpgs with different print profiles looked identical in PS but significantly different in Windows Picture Manager. I went straight in and changed the view to Proof Setup to Monitor RGB and hey presto - problem solved!

Anton
Old 11-22-2011   #4
Llama

Cross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to beholdCross_ is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4114
Editing OK?: Ask first

Keep in mind that Photoshop does not manage any of the profiles- it's completely relying on Windows to do that. So the question should be how to delete a profile from Win7.

The thread that Anton linked should contain the answer to that question (you can go via the Control Panel / Color Management, or delete the file directly from disk).

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Image Editing »

Share this topic: