PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Image Editing, Color Management, Workflow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009   #1
Alpaca

Mark is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 12
Default Help with Lightroom

Does anyone know of a tutorial book or DVD that I could purchase that would improve my learning curve with LR? I have been using the program for only a couple of months and would like to improve quicker than I seem to be progressing. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Mark

Old 11-01-2009   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Left Brain Thinker

peterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to allpeterst6906 is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 3017
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Help with Lightroom

Michael Reichmann and Jeff Schewe have a download video you can purchase on the luminous landscape.

http://www.photocamel.com/gallery/da...lueChecker.jpg
peterst6906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #3
Llama

andrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 538545
Editing OK?: Yes

I've bought "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book" from Adobe Press. For me it was very helpfull. Just by reading it and as a reference manual.

Andre
andrejan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #4
KmH
F1 Camel

KmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6932

Scott Kelby is the world's top selling Photoshop author. Checkout amazon or his website Kelby Training.

"If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always gotten."
KmH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #5
Vicuna

DavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to allDavidGregg is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1883
Editing OK?: No

Try Software training online-tutorials for Adobe, Microsoft, Apple & more

They have video tutorials for Lightroom, Photoshop, and many other software packages. I think it's $20-25/month and you can cancel at any time. I've used it and was very happy with it.
DavidGregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #6
Dromedary

ront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 12422

I went through this same process just a few months back. This is what I found.

These are both good books.

The first one is a Scott Kelby book. He is good and generally will give step by step directions on what to do. It is fairly specific to selected tasks.

The second book is by Martin Evening. His book is more of a text book and goes through the process of showing what each thing does in Lightroom. This is the book that I bought as it just seemed to have more information in it.

I just went into Barnes and Noble and sat down and compared the two of them. Either book will be good, it just depends on what you are looking for and what type of book that you may learn more from.

Ron

Sony A700; Sony f36A & Sony F42A; KM 28-75; Sony 100 macro; Sony 18-250; Tamron 70-300; Tamron 200-500mm; Minolta 50 f1.7, Canon s90
ront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #7
Vicuna

glcook1 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 25

If you want online help. Matt Kloskowski's site Killer Lightroom Tips is a really great place to learn.
glcook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #8
Llama

andrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorandrejan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 538545

And just when you start to understand how everything in Lightroom 2 works, a new version shows up.... Adobe Labs - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 (beta version)
andrejan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #9
Llama

yendikeno is just really niceyendikeno is just really niceyendikeno is just really niceyendikeno is just really niceyendikeno is just really niceyendikeno is just really niceyendikeno is just really nice
CamelKarma: 758
Post Re: Help with Lightroom

Before you buy, here's some sources you might try:

Free Lightroom Tutorials - Adobe Lightroom Tips & Tricks | PhotoshopSupport.com
Free Adobe Lightroom Tutorials | Layers Magazine
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom tutorials by Julieanne Kost
Adobe Lightroom Tutorial (a.k.a. my dirty little secret) | Note
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Tutorials by Michael Tapes (mostly version 1 tuts)
Adobe Design Center: New tutorials and articles on After Effects, Lightroom, Acrobat and InDesign

They aren't all inclusive, but you can still learn a lot from them.

AZFred, Zenfolio discount code YHX-1GA-D2Z
yendikeno is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Image Editing, Color Management, Workflow »

Share this topic: