PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Image Editing, Color Management, Workflow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012   #21
Camel Breath

Steven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 987455
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Lightroom vs ACDSee vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycb View Post
I use LR now but used ACDSee for a few years then moved on to Thumbsplus Cerious - ThumbsPlus - Thumbnails!

Give Thumbs a try....It might be just what you are looking for.

Johnny
Been using Thumbs Plus Pro since before Windows offered an icon view so it predates many of the other options out there. We use it to download, sort, show, slide show and launch PS. On-site we only run two programs Thumbs and PS. It's a pretty strong databasing program, but I don't use that feature.

Steve

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #22
MNS
Vicuna

MNS has a spectacular aura aboutMNS has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDArt View Post
and more of a fast, fast, fast image browser that lets me see the tons of photos I have in a hurry and provides a quick, efficient way (keyboard shortcut) for me to open one of them up into PhotoShop if I want to edit them.
I use Picasa as my default image browser it is fast , light and powerful …. I don’t recall any crashing or hanging

MS
MNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #23
Llama

boristhemoggy has a spectacular aura aboutboristhemoggy has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 105

I use Lightroom now as I have done for years. But it's becoming the same as most Adobe products, it's trying to be too many things to too many people, and it doesn't do it very well. Sad that V4 is due out without some of teh V 3 bugs ever being addressed. They're hell bent on revenue instead of building a quality product.

There is no one program that is better than any of the others. There's only the one you like, that suits the way you work, and if it's free all the better.
Canon 5D, Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 17-40 mm f/4.0 L USM EF, Canon 24-105 f/4.0 L USM IS EF, Canon 70-200 f2.8 L MK II USM IS EF, Canon 100mm f2.8 USM EF macro, Canon 2x Mk III converter, Canon 580 EX II flash, Yonghuo 568EX II flash, Sigma EM-140 DG EO-ETTL Macro Flash, Mannfrotto 055XB tripod with Manfrotto
804RC2 Basic Pan & Tilt Head, Mannfrotto 790B Monopod.
boristhemoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #24
Alpaca

webfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of lightwebfeet is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1170

Years ago I used ACDC. Loved it. Found it very buggy. I have since switch to FastStone Image Viewer. It's free and works very well.

I do keep all of my images in Lightroom though. But when on the road I like to be able to view my images on my laptop that doesn't have Lightroom installed. FastStone Image Viewer does the trick.
Old 02-08-2012   #25
Alpaca

Videodogg is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

FastStone is my favorite image viewing software. It's fast, supports about any image format (including RAW), and is free for private use (faststone.org). I used ACDsee for may years, but I think FastStone is superior.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Image Editing, Color Management, Workflow »

Share this topic: