PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011   #1
Photocamel Master

woollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 36907724
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Which software

Hello folks,

I want to have a go at HDR but which software is best?, photomatix seems a regular choice but what version light, pro? or is there something else.

Thanks for any advice

Rob

Old 06-04-2011   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

Location: Parker, AZ for 1/2 the year and Sekiu, WA the other 1/2
amycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoramycramer strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2243768
Default Re: Which software

If your are going to get Photomatrix, go pro. Once you get hooked you'll be glad you did.
amycramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011   #3
F1 Camel

wolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant futurewolfden has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 18338
Editing OK?: Ask first

Most of the programs have a trial version. I suggest to download and try the various programs. There is no "best" software. It's whatever works for you best to get the mission done.
Old 06-05-2011   #4
Camel Breath

Stiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorStiga strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 39086422

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfden View Post
Most of the programs have a trial version. I suggest to download and try the various programs. There is no "best" software. It's whatever works for you best to get the mission done.
Just what I was going to say!

Martin

Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease.

My most used utility ShiftN for perspective correction

Stiga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #5
Photocamel Master

woollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwoollyback strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 36907724

Thanks folks - will have a go

Cheers

Rob
woollyback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #6
Llama

Roger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant futureRoger Rex has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 13154

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfden View Post
Agree and like any new photo technique that you try it will take a number of efforts to get a feel for what each can do for you. However, I recently asked an accomplished pro who uses HDR extensively what he felt were the differences between Nik and Photomatix, the two that he uses. He felt that Photomatix has a "look" that works many times, particualrly for grunge type shots. He felt that you can more easily generate a natural landscape look, particularly the clouds, with Nik.
Roger Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #7
Guanaco

x372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 13219

You can go various places to get a 15% discount on Photomatix Pro. Here is one code : STUCKINCUSTOMS and a review of the software. Trey Ratcliff is a well known HDR teacher and poster.

Nikon D700/D800; Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR;Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8; Nikkor 70-200mm G Nano VR II; Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D; Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 D Micro; Sigma 85mm f/1.4 HSM; Nikkor 300mm f/4 AF-S
Software: Lightroom 4; Photoshop CS6; NIK Software bundle including HDR Efex Pro; Topaz Bundle; Noise Ninja; PtLens; Photomatix Pro 4
x372sailor.smugmug.com
x372sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > HDR (High Dynamic Range) »

Share this topic: