PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Contests, Challenges, and Assignments > Fun Stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011   #181
Vicuna

eveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud ofeveningstarsmn has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 7854
Default Re: Old photographs: Remembering the past

I agree defenitly a sad thought , i lost everything in a house fire and all my child hood memorys have gone up in smoke , images that has taken since 1986 to aquire a few from my cousin,I know for me anything i shot even the bad ones are hard ton get rid off , and i even have bad shots on disc , because each shot means so much , even though I see things in a whole diffferent light then other , some people wonder why I take some shots , then they look through and say wow , that was that , cool. to not have images of the yesturday years is hard for me and can,t pitchure my life with out all my images again.
eveningstarsmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #182
Llama

SquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to beholdSquirrelDip is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 3940
Editing OK?: Yes

Here's a link that a coworker sent my way:
The American West, 150 Years Ago

This may have been posted before but I thought people here would enjoy.
Old 05-25-2012   #183
F1 Camel

Sidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1196923
Default Re: Old photographs:

My nephew at his Annapolis Graduation, about 1956. John later on became a decorated "jet jockey" in Viet Nam.
Old 05-25-2012   #184
E
F1 Camel

E strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorE strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 813994

Grandpa - chubby cheeks and all His sister married Bert Challacombe (google him )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fmly_1s.jpg (123.6 KB, 99 views)
Old 06-23-2012   #185
Vicuna

Saffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very niceSaffron Blaze is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 74672

Not so long ago... but it was my first digital camera and she is almost all grown up.

Sunday Serendipity by Saffron Blaze, on Flickr
Saffron Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #186
Vicuna

Photonut101 will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 81

My (maternal side) grandfather, Gordon. Born April, 1892. Taken about 1895?
The second picture is (maternal side) my great grandfather, Fennimore. Taken about 1920.

Photonut101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #187
Alpaca

Kalaine is a jewel in the roughKalaine is a jewel in the roughKalaine is a jewel in the roughKalaine is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 386

I love looking at old photos, regardless if you know the person or not.
Kalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #188
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

ceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 21589941
Editing OK?: Ask first

I am fortunate to have a large file of family negatives, dating from the early 1900's including several on glass plate. I have been scanning them when time permits. Here is one from a glass plate. It is a humorous shot of my grandmother and grandfather courting, with my great grandmother on guard to insure that no hanky panky goes on between her daughter and her beau. I suspect the idea for the photo was my grandfather's because he had a great sense of humor. The photo was probably taken in the spring of 1910. They were married in August of that year. I have been told that the blocks used to build the house in the background were made from a Sears and Roebuck mold. It was built in 1907 on my great grandparents farm in Iowa.

Courting - 1910 by ceropegia, on Flickr

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #189
F1 Camel

ceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorceropegia strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

1919 - On my great grandparent's farm (my maternal grandfather's parents) in Luddington, Michigan.
(Scanned negatives)

Taking a lunch break from harvesting with a McCormick reaper/binder. I suspect the photo was taken by my grandmother.
Left to right
My great grandmother, my great grandfather, an aunt, a great uncle, my grandfather, and my mother

Harvesting 1920 by ceropegia, on Flickr

Shucking corn - Left to right
My great grandmother, my great grandfather, an aunt, and my mother

Shucking corn 1919 by ceropegia, on Flickr

Ceropegia on Flicker
Old 09-14-2012   #190
F1 Camel

My maternal grandfather worked for the Great Northern Railroad. In 1916, he went out west to survey damage from a blizzard. He took a number of photos.
This one is of a Locomotive that was overturned by a snow slide.
(Scanned negative)
[
Snow Slide 1916 by ceropegia, on Flickr

In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama
Ceropegia on Ipernity

Ceropegia on Flicker

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Contests, Challenges, and Assignments > Fun Stuff »

Share this topic: