Camera 2 Telescope?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Camera 2 Telescope?

Haven't been on PhotoCamel for a looooong time and glad I still remembered my login. Whew! What made me want to visit was a co-worker just gave me a Meade 4500 telescope. A great (not so) little telescope. I have dropped out of the DSLR world and exclusively use a Fuji HS50EXR. This camera doesn't have a removable lens so can't use one of the eyepiece adapters as they attach to a DSLR like a lens would and attach to the telescope. I also found small eyepiece cameras and cell phone adapters that can attach to the eyepiece. But I cannot find any way to take pictures thru the eyepiece with the Fuji HS50EXR.

Anyone have any idea on how to get this camera to the 1.25" lens of the telescope?

Thanks and glad to be back.

Old 03-15-2018   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1444205
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Camera 2 Telescope?

Just a quick idea: you might be able to find such an adapter that screws onto the front of your lens or adapter tube, if your model is equipped with threads on the lens or you can get an adapter tube for your camera model.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic:

Tags
adapter, eyepiece, telescope