PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011   #11
F1 Camel

badpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1676
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: HS20 : HDR , macro pics and others..

i like the first bug pic
Phoenix 100, 650-1300& Sima 100mm F2 SF
Sigma 12-24, 18-50 HSM, 18-125, 50-500, 70-300, 120-300, 1.4X 2x
Tamron 28-75
badpickev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #12
Dromedary

BobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBobC164 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1572305

Very good set

As a man thinks, so he is
My Flickr
BobC164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #13
F1 Camel

poloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 408208
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyamss View Post
I am a newcomer to Camel. what is HDR ?

I particularly enjoyed the photo of railway line and tree. How did you get such life into the lie and the greenery wiht such an overcasst sky
HDR = High Dynamic Range. Usually, 3 exposures are taken and combined to create the final image. Sometimes haloing is a problem...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
poloman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #14
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 161570676

Quote:

I particularly enjoyed the photo of railway line and tree. How did you get such life into the lie and the greenery wiht such an overcasst sky
Welcome to the Camel hyamss.
Jason Hermann is one of the Camel's authorities on HDR. Here is a link to one of his threads which will also take yo to Jason's HDR tutorials.

http://photocamel.com/forum/hdr-phot...-tutorial.html
Old 12-17-2011   #15
Vicuna

pawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1901

Quote:

thanks a lot hyamss there is a whole subsection called HDR forum in photocamel do visit it..!I picked up quite a few techniques from there!
pawan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #16
Vicuna

pawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to allpawan88 is a name known to all

and thanks for all comments...you all boost my enthusiasm
Old 12-26-2011   #17
Guanaco

kennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 422904
Editing OK?: Ask first

reading these threads because I am thinking of getting HS20 myself, like the RAW capability and can continue to use AA batteries left over from my 9500/9600 days (still have 9500 as backup, progressed to canon 550d). I note Fuji have announced the new X-S1, due to be avaliable in Feb, understand it is quite large (actually prefer this), but with a drop to 12MP, a different set of batteries, plus a predicted price of 699 in the UK, when I can get a new (repackaged) HS20 for 199 makes me wonder what I will be getting for the extra 500.

Impressed by the examples taken with this camera
kennethwfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #18
Vicuna

@ kenneth : for the price you pay this camera definitely has an amazing array of features..I d definitely suggest this to you as a secondary/travel camera..I aactualy have only this camera and a p&s but have used dslrs few times...focusing time is a weeny bit slower than a dslr (may b 0.1sec but u will notice it..) I ve been using it for 3 months and yet learning to use all features fully(already clicked more than 5k)
Old 12-29-2011   #19
Guanaco

kennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkennethwfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 422904
Editing OK?: Ask first

thanks, would be interested to see any bird pics taken with hs-20. I think my mind is made up that I will be purchasing HS20 soon.

Here's a site which compares camera dimensionshttp://camerasize.com/compare/#134,14

and one of my pics taken with the 9500. The only issue I have is that after cropping - which is not entirely even - I am only left with 425kb size file. Run through PS elements smartfix. pic taken at my local county show and features the Solent Eagles childrens motorcycle stunt team

also has anyone tried the Raynox teleconverter which increases the range, but is there quality compromise?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990-`1.jpg (197.1 KB, 34 views)
kennethwfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #20
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 161570676

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethwfd View Post
thanks, would be interested to see any bird pics taken with hs-20.
Some HS20 bird pics at this thread.

http://photocamel.com/forum/fuji-for...pressions.html

wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji »

Share this topic: