PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005   #1
Alpaca

adsmith is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 13
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Laptop for use with S3

What are your recomendation for a lap top to use shooting on location with the S3?

thanks

Old 08-17-2005   #2
Alpaca

Artichoke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Laptop for use with S3

need more information to be helpful
I use my laptop (Toshiba R100) for travel and do very little editing with it
for previewing shots and storing them it does a fine hob
I have a USB DVD burner (Panasonic) that I use to back up files when I travel and I think is a wise addition as hard drives do crash at the most inopportune times
Old 08-18-2005   #3
F1 Camel

badpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1676
Editing OK?: Yes

that and S3 files are so huge
Phoenix 100, 650-1300& Sima 100mm F2 SF
Sigma 12-24, 18-50 HSM, 18-125, 50-500, 70-300, 120-300, 1.4X 2x
Tamron 28-75
badpickev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #4
Alpaca

adsmith is on a distinguished road
Editing OK?: Ask first

Basicly I need something portable on location for the customer to see what has been shot.....
and store the images untill I can get them loaded on the computers at the studio....

thanks for the information

al
adsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #5
Alpaca

Artichoke is on a distinguished road

if that is your purpose then I would go with a laptop with a DVD burner option and a good size hard drive
the Toshiba R100 is ultra light and Toshiba has been making fine laptops for sometime
many like the IBM laptops and they may have better LCD screens, though they are not cheap (nor is the Toshiba)
with a laptop the integration of the components is important as they are very difficult to upgrade
for me, weight and durability are important considerations
I'd go with IBM, HP/Compaq or Toshiba as these companies have a great deal of experience making laptops
Old 08-26-2005   #6
Vicuna

caribou is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 16

get a light weight with DVD burner

I travelled to NY and Athens with a sony Vaio 3/4 kg beast, it made me exhausted

caribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #7
Guanaco

mikaelwardhana is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
Why not skip the laptop idea and go for the epson whatever-it's-called for transfer and storage. It will be cheaper and the lcd is good enough. All it doesn't do is give you the choice to edit or burn ... but it is in a different league altogether in terms of portability.
it is Epson P-2000 with 40 gig of hard drive...yes I agree with pavel. The LCD is outstanding and the capacity should be enough for you

mikaelwardhana is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Fuji Forum »

Share this topic: