PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008   #1
Vicuna

ffppro is just really niceffppro is just really niceffppro is just really niceffppro is just really niceffppro is just really nice
CamelKarma: 418
Default Where to process 120 film?

I wonder if anyone can help me out:

I am looking for a lab where I can send my 120 film to be developed and scanned to CD. I would like to find a place that will do both things for me instead of having to send my film to one lab for processing, and then the negatives to another place for scanning.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Igor R. - Future First Photography
----------------------------------------
My tools:
Canon 1Ds Mk III
Canon 85mm f/1.2 L
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
Canon 24-105mm f/4 L
Hensel Lights
----------------------------------------
ffppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #2
Camel Breath

aam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 808764
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Where to process 120 film?

Since it's been two days and nobody answered I would suggest asking the the Film section, which you can find here.

Btw, where I'm from all shops give you a CD with the photos with no extra charge. Isn't that the practice everywhere else. Guess not.
Old 03-27-2008   #3
Guanaco

evoryware has a spectacular aura aboutevoryware has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 153

Try Duggal in Manhattan.
Duggal Visual Solutions

I get 35mm slide film developed there, but they do 120.
evoryware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #4
Dromedary

expensive_hobby is a jewel in the roughexpensive_hobby is a jewel in the roughexpensive_hobby is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 290
Editing OK?: Ask first

It could be hard. I have not found anyone willing to transfer to cd. My best guess would be a small, privately owned photo lab/store.

... hobbyist Canon shooting sahm....

... comments and critiques always welcomed...
Old 05-25-2008   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1097864
Editing OK?: No

New Lab and A&I will do what you're asking, but they're across the country from you:

NEWLAB Digital Photography Services - San Francisco Oakland Bay Area

A&I Photographic & Digital Services
Old 05-25-2008   #6
Bactrian

Not4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to beholdNot4wood is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 3876

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Since it's been two days and nobody answered I would suggest asking the the Film section, which you can find here.

Btw, where I'm from all shops give you a CD with the photos with no extra charge. Isn't that the practice everywhere else. Guess not.
I would say yes, when I used film I was getting a CD with all of my shots included as well. Cant remember how long ago that was but it cant hurt to ask.

I've heard that some of the companies have big web presence as well like Walmart, Costco and others doing work over the net. Just depends where you are located.

Nikon D700
Nikon D80 w/Kit 18-135
Nikon 70-300 VR f:4.5-5.6
Nikon 60mm f:2.8 Macro
Sigma 24-70 f:2.8 DG DF Aspherical
Old Vivitar 283, Nikon SB900
Manfrotto Tripod 055XB w/Manfrotto 486 RC2 Ball Head
Not4wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008   #7
Dromedary

expensive_hobby is a jewel in the roughexpensive_hobby is a jewel in the roughexpensive_hobby is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 290

No, I pay for a cd of images and I have to request it. Maybe it's a geographical thing?

... hobbyist Canon shooting sahm....

... comments and critiques always welcomed...
Old 05-28-2008   #8
Vicuna

SecondFocus is a jewel in the roughSecondFocus is a jewel in the roughSecondFocus is a jewel in the roughSecondFocus is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 332

The Icon in Los Angeles....

the icon

They do excellent work. They process my film 35mm and 120/220 and roll scan at processing.
SecondFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #9
F1 Camel

00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold00silvergt is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 6150
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
New Lab and A&I will do what you're asking, but they're across the country from you:

NEWLAB Digital Photography Services - San Francisco Oakland Bay Area

A&I Photographic & Digital Services
New lab is awesome, used them before.

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

I'm post happy, but Karma starved...please donate some
00silvergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #10
Vicuna

SecondFocus is a jewel in the roughSecondFocus is a jewel in the roughSecondFocus is a jewel in the roughSecondFocus is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 332

This just came back from the Icon. It is a roll scan (6.5 megs) from 220 film in a Mamiya 645AFDII. The film was the new formulation Fuji Pro 160c.

SecondFocus is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera »

Share this topic: