PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012   #231
Alpaca

Zoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really nice
CamelKarma: 424
Default Re: What is your favorite film camera?

My old Leica M5 with a Summaron 35. Produces very unique B&W images.
Zoomsphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #232
Vicuna

soupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of lightsoupy1957 is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1263
Editing OK?: No

I'll admit that I didn't go thru all 24 pages of responses to this question,.............and I'm sure that someone within those pages has stated a preference for ............

........."The Hasselblad 500 c/m I own, is MY choice for "Favorite!"

-Soupy1957
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hasselblad.jpg (28.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 04-18-2012   #233
Llama

moonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armormoonrakerz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 8208405

My trusty old Pentax K2 - it looked sooo good where the black had worn off the prism housing and exposed that lovely shiny brass - took good photographs too.
They don't make 'em like that nowadays !!

Still using its 50mm lens in "reverse formation" on my current Nikkor micro lens, does a great job.
moonrakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #234
Alpaca

Zoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really niceZoomsphotos is just really nice
CamelKarma: 424

This forum is wonderful. Its great to hear from photographers that highly regarded film cameras. I personally love film and feel its day is still here and will be for a long time, and for the record I am fortunate to live where film of any type is still readly available and the store I purchase from has told me they sell 3000-4000 rolls a month. I shoot film because I have never found a digital camera that can reproduce the B&W images I get from my 35mm, 6x9 or 6x6. No mater how hard I have tried in the past they just do not have the same look as you all know. Besides it is great fun to go out for the day taking street shots and having people constantly engaging me to talk about the Rolleiflex. Its like being the Pied Piper of photography.

Also,I just heard someone has opened a Polaroid shop in town and is rebuilding them and supplying film, WOW!
Zoomsphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #235
Alpaca

2bits is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 34

Great thread! My favorite is my F100 along w/ Pentax K1000, Minolta SRT200, Pentax Spotmatic and a few others.
I doubt there's a 35mm I don't like!
2bits
2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #236
Guanaco

dbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1516219
Editing OK?: Ask first

A pair of my favorite Konicas.

Konicas by dbuckle2695, on Flickr
dbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #237
Vicuna

rsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4154
Editing OK?: Yes

Nikon F3T
rsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #238
Dromedary

Jeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2564
Editing OK?: Yes

Rod, way back in this thread I said that I had a Nikon F2S that I was quite fond of, but I've had an F3T for about a year now, and it has become my new favorite. This was shot on Ektar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Through Seven Resize.jpg (129.3 KB, 83 views)
Old 04-22-2012   #239
Guanaco

dbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordbuckle strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1516219
Editing OK?: Ask first

I picked this one up very cheap as untested at a thrift store. Cleaned it up and put batteries in, it works and looks perfect.

X700 by dbuckle2695, on Flickr
dbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #240
Vicuna

Ben Myerson is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 11

Canon F1N-AE

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera Forum »

Share this topic: