PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012   #21
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 125031749
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: For all you Nikon shooters

F4 and F3 for me. I still have my F3.

- ansel
wolfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #22
Guanaco

quantumhelp is a jewel in the roughquantumhelp is a jewel in the roughquantumhelp is a jewel in the roughquantumhelp is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 378

F5 as prime and F100 as backup. That was what I used before switching to digital.
quantumhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #23
Vicuna

InsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1215

Its interesting to see the combos people have chosen. Seeing so many different opinions, I've decided to keep everything!
InsuredDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #24
Alpaca

2bits is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 34
Editing OK?: No

Lately I've been using an F100. Lotta bang for the buck!
2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012   #25
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 125031749

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsuredDisaster View Post
Its interesting to see the combos people have chosen. Seeing so many different opinions, I've decided to keep everything!
Very nice collection.
Old 04-15-2012   #26
Llama

nasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornasoj21 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 197661

Hmmm.... I think out of your collection I would do the f100 or the f5, which will both run my newer g series lenses, and the f3.
I own an Fe and I am currently in the process of trying to choose between buying an f100 that i am using, and getting an f5.
Old 04-15-2012   #27
Photocamel Master

Dirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 810509
Editing OK?: Ask first

insured disaster
certainly nice collection of toys .. not bad at all

should you decide to throw away pm me i can always use nikon gear as lover ..
Old 04-15-2012   #28
F1 Camel

Sidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1195800

A short word of advice, I have a dozen older film cameras, mostly 35mm Canon, Nikon, Leica, Voigtlander, Minolta and Kodak.
I also have a box full of junk parts and bodies from several, mostly all plastic later models that failed. Most all of the later "automatic" and "electronic" camera bodies are getting to the "age of failure" regardless of brands. Plastics have a finite life and many are failing with no replacement parts. ALL of my manual metal bodied cameras are still functional and work as new. I've had to replace light seals but no major components, even my 1958 Voigtlander Bessamatic works perfectly. This is not a diatribe against plastics and electronics but they do in fact fail now days with regularity. Many do not have replacement parts available any longer. IMO the 2 best 35mm manual focus cameras ever made were the Nikon F4 and the Canon T-90 but both are failing with regularity now and some parts (electronics) are no longer available.
IMO I would stick with the Nikon F-3, Canon F-1n and later the Nikon F-100, these are the best of the best.
Old 04-16-2012   #29
Dromedary

tomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to alltomrit is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2684

Me? I would go for a Nikon F, or F2 with a non-metered prism for the reasons Sidebyte mentioned. Of course I can not afford one because the collectors think they are valuable. Same with an old Leica M2, another camera I have always lusted after.

I still have my Pentax MX'en but one body no longer has an instant return mirror, died sitting in the closet feeling unloved. I really ought to shoot up some of that film sitting in the fridge. But my heart has moved to folding RF roll film cameras; and 4x5, especially if I get the Toyo-View 45G functional.
Old 04-17-2012   #30
Photocamel Master

zemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorzemlin strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 4895346

I inherited an F4s from my old man when he died. I sold it to help pay for my first DSLR, a D80. If I wanted to get back into film, the F4s would be my first pick. Loved that camera, but wanted to go digital.

With what I've learned shooting DLSRs over the past 5 years, it would be interesting to back and shoot film again. I'm quite certain my approach and results would be dramatically different.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera Forum »

Share this topic: