PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011   #11
Vicuna

InsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1215
Default Re: For all you Nikon shooters

Yes, I've also thought these might be excellent. Do you have a collection of manual focus lenses? My problem is that I have a lot of AFS lenses as well as a few manual focus lenses, which is why I sometimes lean towards the F5 and F100. (alas, they are mostly E series lenses save for a 500mm relfex Nikkor.)

Old 09-22-2011   #12
Vicuna

Risingsun is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 31
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsuredDisaster View Post
Yes, I've also thought these might be excellent. Do you have a collection of manual focus lenses? My problem is that I have a lot of AFS lenses as well as a few manual focus lenses, which is why I sometimes lean towards the F5 and F100. (alas, they are mostly E series lenses save for a 500mm relfex Nikkor.)
Yes, I have many manual focus lenses. The F4s will also meter and focus your AF-S lenses. I don't have the Nikkor reflex, however, have collection of other vintage reflex lenses.
Old 09-27-2011   #13
Llama

Andysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud ofAndysnapper has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 11384
Editing OK?: Yes

I think I'll take 2 F3s please. In my opinion one of the best 35mm cameras ever made, built like a tank and reliable as the sunrise.

Andy
Old 11-06-2011   #14
Alpaca

om43 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingsun View Post
Hands down Nikon F4s, second F3, then Nikon FM2. All three are in my arsenal for many years, absolute solid performers.
Exactly my choices.
Old 11-23-2011   #15
Vicuna

poliwog will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 66

F4 (whatever flavor), F100 and/or N90s.
poliwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #16
Alpaca

rrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to allrrphoto is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1861
Editing OK?: Ask first

either;
An F4s and F100
or
An F5 and F100
or
An F4s and F5
rrphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #17
Alpaca

landlover is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 35

F3hp, FG and EM ....sorry that's what i own, for years, the EM only as a backup if all else fails, highly unlikely , but you don't want non- functioning cameras in the rain forest of Nicaragua, few repair shops nearby.Do you think Nikon really makes a bad camera? personal tastes aside.all cameras have things about them we don't lika...for that matter so do the photographers.....
landlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011   #18
Dromedary

Jeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to allJeff D is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2564

Of your options the only one I own is the F3, and I have 5 of those.
If forced to select 3 different film cameras to exist with, my list would be:
F3T
F2
F

I'd hate to be restricted to only three choices, though. I've got other models that I dearly love.
Jeff
Old 01-10-2012   #19
Vicuna

InsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of lightInsuredDisaster is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1215

Dug deep into my cabinet yesterday and pulled out the N90s and immediately saw why I don't use t much; it doesn't work 100% with my manual focus lenses, nor does it work very well with my IAF-S (G) lenses. Noisily fired off a roll and then put it back into my cabinet. I guess it was once one of the most advanced cameras in the world, but sadly I just don't have many compatible lenses.

The other day I did take some photos during a football game with my FM2 with MD-12 and Nikon 500mm reflex. I figured I could sneak it all into the stadium in smaller peices and then assemble it once up in the nosebleed section. Must develop the film but it was an interesting experience.

I love my F3 as well, but keep remembering the one major drawback to this camera: It doesn't work with any of my flashes. I think there is an adaptor out there I should look into getting. . .
InsuredDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #20
Alpaca

picker77 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

For AF, the F100. GREAT camera. For MF, one that's not listed: the later model of the FE2 (with the titanium shutter). I like my black FE2 so much I bought a clone backup body in case I ever have to have it worked on. Sweeeeeet camera, fast and easy to use, relatively light weight, compact, excellent metering, reliable as a brick.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera Forum »

Share this topic: