Bikini Swimsuit Model Carrie Cameron + Vid - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010   #21
Llama

CamelKarma: 7284
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bikini Swimsuit Model Carrie Cameron + Vid

JACOB...Praise the Lord, my brother. Great work. Post tips on your pp workflow.
dwallace29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #22
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1347
Editing OK?: Yes

Nicely done mixing ambient and flash. You did a wonderful job!!!
mickeyfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #23
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 249974

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanMarc View Post
A yummie personality indeed!
Except for the silicones.
This kind of comment shows a complete lack of professionalism, even for an amateur.

There are websites where these comments are welcome and even encouraged.

Perhaps one of them would best suit your tastes.

My Website

My blog
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #24
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 249974

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBthePHOTOGRAPHER View Post

I love the sensuality of this image. The only distraction to my eye is the shadow from her right leg.

My Website

My blog
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #25
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 213
Editing OK?: Ask first

I read both this and the Glamour/Erotic forum. I am a bit suprised that this forum does not have a "posting guidelines" sticky at the top like the G/E forum. The guidelines are awesome and include this one which I think applies to the discussion
Quote:
no personal comments about the model, this can be insulting
I know for a fact that some of the models read the forums and like to see what folks say about there photos. Would be nice if we could avoid treating them like pieces of meat. Talk about the lighting, the focus, the pose, what have you but IMHO the model and the composition of her bodily parts should be strictly off limits. </SOAPBOX>
dathay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #26
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by dathay View Post
IMHO the model and the composition of her bodily parts should be strictly off limits.
If she puts her 'bodily parts' on display in front of a camera and makes money off of that display she must expect them to be commented on. Those are her 'wares'. The product's attributes. Especially on a photography related forum. If you've ever done a professional model shoot in a studio or on location you'd know that sensitivity about body parts being discussed is an anachronism. It is counterproductive to the job getting done.

To models and photographers that cannot deal with the models' body parts being discussed I'd say: you're in the wrong job. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Before you hurt yourself.

Besides: what body parts of a pro model are, and which aren't off limits for discussion? Can we discuss skin texture? A nick in her ear causing a weird shadow? A droopy lip that seemingly distorts perspective? Can we debate curving lines? Can we argue about optical perspectives and relationships? Jowls? Stomach? Big nose syndrome? Wrinkles? But not her boobs...?
There can't be any body parts that can be shown in a photograph on this forum yet cannot be discussed in the critique on that image...
That would be textbook hypocrisy.
JeanMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #27
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 128

Can't we just get along. Please!
Old 01-06-2010   #28
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanMarc View Post
If she puts her 'bodily parts' on display in front of a camera and makes money off of that display she must expect them to be commented on. Those are her 'wares'. The product's attributes. Especially on a photography related forum. If you've ever done a professional model shoot in a studio or on location you'd know that sensitivity about body parts being discussed is an anachronism. It is counterproductive to the job getting done.

To models and photographers that cannot deal with the models' body parts being discussed I'd say: you're in the wrong job. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Before you hurt yourself.

Besides: what body parts of a pro model are, and which aren't off limits for discussion? Can we discuss skin texture? A nick in her ear causing a weird shadow? A droopy lip that seemingly distorts perspective? Can we debate curving lines? Can we argue about optical perspectives and relationships? Jowls? Stomach? Big nose syndrome? Wrinkles? But not her boobs...?
There can't be any body parts that can be shown in a photograph on this forum yet cannot be discussed in the critique on that image...
That would be textbook hypocrisy.
How a photographer captures skin texture is one thing. Saying that the model has lousy skin texture is quite another. Shooting a portrait shot with a really wide angle produces a "big nose" and discussing that is fine. Saying "nice picture but she's got a whopping big nose!" crosses the line (IMHO). I understand what you are saying about the need to discuss the subject in the context of how it affects the image, but saying that the subject of a shot itself is critical to critique of the image is a falacy. I have seen many beautiful images taken of less than stellar models and those images have been fantastic because of the lighting, the focus, the pose, the perspective, etc...

Onto your other point, I am a hobbiest and not a professional but what is said in a work place with a coworker (model) is one thing, carrying that conversation out into another venue doesn't always carry over (again this is MHO, I am open to hear more feelings on this, perhaps I am in the wrong).

Lastly, we are here discussing the photo, not the model. If this had been a modeling forum, a discussion of her "wares" as you put it, would have been apprapos, but her I just find it out of place.
Old 01-06-2010   #29
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettemaniac View Post
Can't we just get along. Please!
Group hug!!!!
Old 01-06-2010   #30
TLV
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2904816

Putting my newly acquired moderator's hat on I would like to pass the following comments:

This thread was posted by a photographer on a photographic site and as such I deem personal comments about the model physique inappropriate....clearly it was the photographic skills that were open for discussion.

I think that the promotion of workshops is great information for the members but more appropriately done on a specific thread and not imposed on someone else's thread.

As we all know this a very "friendly" site - healthy debate is great - but at times it is necessary to agree to disagree and let things go.

Have a great day.

Derek

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: